The Corroboree
Foo

RBT

Pretty common practice and definitely nothing to kick up a fuss over, more the opposite.

He didn't find anything to bust you for : cop = 0 you = 1

If you know your motors not worked off it's head and the car is roady and not hot etc. then you should be more than happy to let him waste is time.

Also, if he didn't even search you personally, or the passenger area of the car or the boot then you got treated very well.

Cops are free to search any part of the car without a warrant. I have lived in my car many times and hence it became my home and so technically they should have not been able to search it, but they never listened. They never found anything either, instead just wasted heaps of my time and messed up my things and then tried to accuse me of theft and saying that i had stolen all the items in the car and that they were not my belongings. I couldn't proove myself innocent with bloody receipts for it all and actually ended up getting charged for it once. Guilty until innocent, seems to be the way, but it all depends on who you deal with and how, the situation at the time etc.