The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tallman

Nepal - shrooms and mountains

Hi all,

In Sept-Oct this year I did the lovely Annapurna Sanctuary trek with a couple of good mates. We had a ball taking in many beautiful scenes and quite a few equally beautiful Everest and Gorkha beers. I am about halfway through writing the trip up on my blog at http://www.bangingmyhead.blogspot.com where there's also heaps of pictures including lots of amazingly diverse fungi. On return to Kathmandu I bought a field guide to Nepali Fungi, but unfortunately it had few colour photos so wasn't much help to one with as poor knowledge as myself. Still, a nice addition to the library.

If you're interested in shrooms, walks, mountains, forests, waterfalls, and/or other cultures, have a gander.

Cheers, Tallman

Your trip looks and sounds amazing, I have been thinking of going with my girlfriend next year. You have now convinced me! Nice photography too, love the smattering of plant shots throughout your blog.

Did you encounter any jhankri on your travels?

Edited by kalika

Your trip looks and sounds amazing, I have been thinking of going with my girlfriend next year. You have now convinced me! Nice photography too, love the smattering of plant shots throughout your blog.

Did you encounter any jhankri on your travels?

That's awesome kalika! Inspiring someone to go to Nepal is a wonderful reward.

Re jhankri: No, apart from the hindu holy men at Pashupati and the Durbar Squares, and plenty of buddhist monks, I didn't meet any holy men / shamans / priests.

Cheers.