The Corroboree

hey all! my favorite cactus peruvinoid HB01 has broken out in something over night! can anyone tell me what it is? what should i do about it? its like its rotted. its indentend white flesh

Image0031.jpg

help would be much apprecitaed

sorry for the crappy phone picture

Edited by B_T

That is nasty lookin, is it maybe sunburn? I hope it heals for ya.

Is it just on the sunny side? Could be a combination of sun and chemical burn , maybe the tap water has too much chlorine , sorry just a guess.

drechslera cactivorum: basal or top rot of seedling cacti that turns cactus into a shrunken mummy covered with brown spores. First symptoms are yellow spots. It can completely rot the plant in four days. The fungicide Captan should give some control.

I found this, I am trying to get into diagnosing problems and stuff, I am well aware that im prob wrong but hey. Also it has yellowness and rapid onset as with above fungus species.

I hope it gets well though.

Oh yeah, this pdf list many types of cactus fungi, it is only two pages and only discusses cacti infection.

http://www.centralarizonacactus.org/plantinfo/pests/FUNGAL%20INFECTIONS%20OF%20CACTI.pdf

Edited by ref1ect1ons

oh spewin! the only thing that i did differant was move it and it might of had bore water. should i chop it? it was only on the shade side.

Maybe the bore water has wrong PH , weird that is on the shade side.

I dont know if id chop it , even though i chop alot, im trying to break the habit. Keep an eye on it though...

well it doesnt seem to be getting worse. i might just leave it and see what happens unless someone recomends something better?

the colour of it looks like sunburn but its hard to tell what the texture of those spots is like due to the photo quality. did it really happen overnight? i dont think you should chop it. i think it'll be ok but it needs your TLC

Yeah I wouldn't chop it. There's nothing to save by chopping. I'd be tempted to repot into fresh soil, and give it a really good drink of good water to flush whatever's got into it.. Depends how much you like this plant though? If you can stand to lose it it would be worth just watching to see what happens. I've never seen this before and I've been growing for 4 years or so.

thanks for the info guys! i chopped it into 3 bits. i want fresh pups plus ill graft the tip which is fine. to be honest i think it was from the bore water because this was the only one that got touched buy bore water. really smelly bore water. i was house sitting (took my cactus collection with me) and i thought the sprinklers werent going on so i put them on at night 3 days a week. little did i know the sprinklers were going on at 5 am 3 days a week (wouild never be up to see it). could this much bore water cause problems?