The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Stay Puft

solanaceae

Just wondering if anyone knows of any plants of the solanaceae that have or are used to make antifungal preperations. Also interested in other families that may have plants of this nature...

Something i have been interested in and i have been playing with varius extracts, would love you to share your research.

Try looking into, goji berry (wolf berry, Lycium barbarum).

Abstract Four phenolic amides, dihydro-N-caffeoyltyramine (1), trans-N-feruloyloctopamine (2), trans-N-caffeoyltyramine (3), and cis-N-caffeoyltyramine (4), were isolated from an ethyl acetate extract of the root bark of Lycium chinense Miller. All had an anti-fungal effect; compounds 1-3 were potent at 5–10 g ml–1 and were without hemolytic activity against human erythrocyte cells. Compound 4 was active at 40 g ml–1. All four compounds impeded the dimorphic transition of pathogen, Candida albicans.

anti-fungal activity - trans-N-caffeoyltyramine - dihydro-N-caffeoyltyramine - trans-N-feruloyloctopamine - Lycium chinense - Solanaceae

Anti-fungles i know about and experimented with are, "Plectranthus aromaticus syn. Coleus aromaticus" (Mother of all herb) and Bay leaf. I have had success with the mother of all herb soaked in water for a week then sprayed on mycelium has killed it.

If you whant any "Plectranthus Aromaticus" I have crap loads i can trade you.

-Vual

pdfpreviewaxd.th.png

EDIT: This might also Interest you.....

The aim of this work was to evaluate the effectiveness of plant material from Brassicaceae and Solanaceae plants, containing biologically active compounds, and antagonistic microorganisms on survival of microsclerotia and development of Verticillium wilt of eggplant. Water extracts from tomato and rapeseed plants added to the agar media showed negative effect on the development of fungus Verticillium dahliae. The most toxic effect was observed for the fresh extract from tomato green parts....................

Edited by vual

I'm specifically interested in anti-fungal proteins that are produced in a number of solanaceae plants that provide fungal resistance to the plants...

these proteins have been suggested to have possible use as topical anti-fungal agents, therefore I am interested in finding out if there are any reports of traditional uses of plants of this family for treatment of fungal conditions, as this may infer the presence of said molecules.

So far the molecules have been identified in Nicotiana sp., Petunia sp., and a few other genus...

I will elaborate further when I have some time... might try and find some journal articles...