The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

MHRB beta carbs

Listed as TiHKAL # 44. Read the qualitative comments.

It's not nice used as a purified compound.

Hosever, this would expalin the oral activity of vinho de jurema, which J. Ott has demonstrated.

30g of just MHRB soaked in water and ingested produced strong effects.

It has long been suspected there was an MAOI in the raw material, this proves it.

Wow, the "Advanced Drug Discussions" forum on Bluelight is fantastic!

I notice that a reply to this post suggests the carboline is an extraction artifact due to the use of dcm (forms formaldehyde on contact with base, which then adds to DMT to form the carboline), and that previous work showed carbs to be absent.

Yeah it would be interesting (where legal) to try some little experiments with pure DMT to see what kinds of artefacts are formed when it is put through a simulated extraction procedure. I suspect you would get all kinds of funkadelic stuff being formed inc b-carbs

Correction; there is perhaps not a high enough percentage of the compound in question to facilitate MAOI activity and such activity is not specifically mentioned in TiHKAL, only a probable (activity has been reported but not confirmed independently) psychoactivity beginning at 100-150mg of pure compound that needs further investigation.

Shulgin calls it 'virgin territory'.

The search goes on...

Correction #2: It is NOT #44 in TiHKAL. I don't know what I was thinking I was reading when I said that, although when I looked it up I was certain they were the same. Now I see they are not.

My profound apologies for this misinformation.

[ 07. February 2005, 02:10: Message edited by: friendly ]