The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
happy1

Looking for some good reads on Australian plants

hey all its that happy1 with aload of questions for ya again haha.

ive recently added a few acacia to my seedlings for this season. had many maidenii going fine. the obtusifolia are giving me a few issues. one of which is that they turn purpleish every so often(maidenii & obtusifolia), ive taken a stab in the dark to put this down to the coldness in the night and possible forst in my area (am i correct???) so ive been leaving them inside and they turned back to a nice healthy green. tho the younger of the seedlings have grown tall and thin steams and fallen over. this is due to them growing tall searching for sun light correct???? and so ive been taking them out in morning and back inside during the night. but tonight i noticed that all the leafs had bunched together (more closed up) what would be causing this??? too much sunlight or just leaving them a tad too long in the cold???

my main question is that is there any good links that i can find out what sort of conditions the acacia like and such. also any good books or links that could give me a run down on the typical behaviour of plants in general when im neglicting them and explain what the problem is???(got a few different ones on the grow atm tho the acacia only one that are looking unhealthy atm tho you can never do too much research)

heh yes very much a noob at this stuff. it is a new hobby of mine, im a nerd by day but only so long you can sit on a pc for... friend gave me a cactus cutting while back and been stuffin round in the gardern in my spare time ever since (wiring shit flatout at work then come home just to sit infront of more screens drives you insane!!!!)

Cheers and thanks again!!!

Happy1