The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
eexpee

Questionnaire - HSC

Hey guys, I'd appreciate it if you were to take some time to fill out this survey. It is part of my Society and Culture course. I won't be offended if you don't, but if you can it would be greatly appreciated. It was written up to be done with pen on paper, but for areas that require circling anything, just put some sort of mark next to it, maybe '*' So I know your choice.

Anyway, you can either e-mail me the results on: [email protected] or post another post with it? Or PM me, I don't want to fill up the boards if its not necessary. If there are any suggestions, maybe more questions I should ask/change, re-word different things, or just ask questions in general, feel free.

Here it is:

PIP – Changing opinions towards police across generations

Hi, my name is Tim; I am studying the changing opinions towards the police over the different generations for my Personal Interest Project (PIP). This questionnaire is to give me an idea of people’s experiences, opinions and feelings towards the police and how they differ from people of different generations. Please be honest with your answers as they are confidential. Thank you.

Please circle what generation you belong to:

1942 – 1964: Baby Boomers

1965 – 1986: Generation X

1987 – Present: Generation Y

You are:

- Male

- Female

Terms you may need to know:

- Power: is the force that can be used by a leader whether legitimate or not.

- Authority: is the permission to exercise a power that is always legal.

Questionnaire

1. Have you had any recent contact with the police? What was it?

2. How would you describe your feelings towards the experience?

3. Have your recent or past experiences with the police influenced your opinions towards them? In what way?

4. How would you describe your opinion towards the police in general?

5. How would you feel if approached by a policeman? What emotions would arise?

6. If you saw low level criminal behaviour (under-age drinking, shop lifting, drug use/possession etc) would you be more likely to report it or leave it un-reported? Why so?

7. Are you aware of different attitudes towards the police in different generations? E.g.: 60’s, 70’s, 80’s etc

8. Do you believe police can break the fine line between power and authority? Can you recall any cases in which this happened?

9. How would you describe police behavior and relationship towards the public? Please circle the words that best describe and elaborate below:

Unjust Just Fair Un-authoritarian Kind Discriminating

Derogatory Unruly Disconcerting Genuine Inert Innocuous

Elaborate:

You need 10 posts before you can receive PMs.