The Corroboree
sharxx101

Khat seed

Hi everybody! Just wondering how long khat seeds are viable for? I have heard 6months from picking the seeds but would like to just confirm this. thanks in advance! :)

like with all seeds, viabilety depends to a great extend on how you store your seeds.

i had qat seeds which were still very good after 4 and more years, but they were stored in the fridge.

if they got stored in a room, in a dark corner at floor level (cooler down there) some seeds will still germ after 1-2 years, but germ rates will have dropped.

if you stored them, close to a window with direct sunlight and on top or close to a radiator, they will be dead in a few months.

if you want to continue trading your seeds and you don't know if they still are good, you have to germ some of them youreself. or if you trade them often rely on the feedback of your trading partners ( i mean those pm's like thx for the seeds mate, halve of them germed after 14 day's)

or you trade them stating you don't know if they are still anygood.

so how did you store them??

like with all seeds, viabilety depends to a great extend on how you store your seeds.

i had qat seeds which were still very good after 4 and more years, but they were stored in the fridge.

if they got stored in a room, in a dark corner at floor level (cooler down there) some seeds will still germ after 1-2 years, but germ rates will have dropped.

if you stored them, close to a window with direct sunlight and on top or close to a radiator, they will be dead in a few months.

if you want to continue trading your seeds and you don't know if they still are good, you have to germ some of them youreself. or if you trade them often rely on the feedback of your trading partners ( i mean those pm's like thx for the seeds mate, halve of them germed after 14 day's)

or you trade them stating you don't know if they are still anygood.

so how did you store them??

I have stoed them on a shelf out of direct sunlight. I have germed them myself with great success rates around 95% as they were picked earlier this year. Just wanted to know the shelf life and I havent really traded many of these seeds as I have gave most of them away cause I dont have the setup to germ them all. I have noticed that high humidity help with the germing. Thanks PH