The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zu

Flowering Vines

Is there a trick to getting HBWR and Rivea corymbosa to flower? Both plants are two years old and bushy and healthy but not showing any sign of flowering.

are they in the ground or in pots?

mr b.caapi:

are they in the ground or in pots?

Pots.

i was told that woodrose doesnt flowering unless

it has a good deep root system. im not to sure on the r.corymbosa but.when are woodroses supposed to flower? as im waiting on my two year old to bloom as well.

I took a non-flowering cutting from a flowering/ seeding vine and stuck it in the ground up in north qld. It put out vegetative growth until it covered a few square meters of fence and then set seed (about 1.5-2 years). I've got others grown from seed in pots and they haven't set seed yet despite being about 3yrs old. This may be because they haven't been allowed to grow to full size in the ground. Certainly in the ground i would expect seeds within 3yrs in qld. not sure in perth as most of the vines in perth a less than 3 yrs old or in pots.

Sometimes you can induce flowering in some species by feeding with a higher ratio of potassium. Even out of season.

I'd try getting some hydroponic bloom A+B nutrients, and mix up as directed. Some of these products also have flowering stimulants, as well as a higher K ratio.

what season is the norm to flower in qld fractal?

Flowering occurs in wet season and seed production peaks in the dry season.

Thanks for the input.

I'll try Skulking Lurker's idea and if that doesn't work I'll put it in the ground and continue to wait.