The Corroboree
Tripsky

Panaeolus (Copelandia) cyanescens and the law

Hi all,

So I've been reading a bit into the Australian laws surrounding prohibited substances and saw that according to federal law it's illegal to possess/grow/enjoy the much loved psilocybe species - no doubt common knowledge.

there was no mention, however, of the panaeolus/copelandia species. so the law didn't state anything about the active ingredients, rather said the psilocybe species was illegal- which of course pan/cope is not a part of.

now this was federal law, and i know state and federal laws vary and it's a bit of a gray area and the states tend to refer back to federal law a lot.

i had a look around for QLD laws, most relevant to me, and saw they consider the substance psilocybin and psilocin to be dangerous (i mean, they're straight up killers) and therefore illegal under the drug misuse act 1987, but wonder if other states might not do this.

Cheers!!

Tripsky

ps- first post, so a big hello to everyone! sorry it had to be about the man. also, has anyone else in queensland noticed how much it's been raining up here? all humidity and rain, what crappy weather we have :lol:

peace all

Hey man, what up!!!

This is a bit of a no brainer reply (something i'm good at).

I do believe it is against the law (aus wide) to experience higher states, see fractals emerging, contact alien biengs surrounded by fluro lights and see your friend as a monkey induced by the consumption of any mushroom containing psilo

It really sucks doesnt it man, the short answer bieng, NO u cant touch copelandia !! NAUGHTY!!

Luv the avatar though!!

it contains a prohibited substance so in the eyes of the law it IS the prohibited substance, in this case psilocybin.

its not part of the psilocybe species that is correct, but it contains psilocybin so it is considered illegal.