The Corroboree
husk

Flipping Out!

So your saying that this thread is anti-semitic? If so, I don't see how.

If I am reading into it wrong then sorry, if I am not, grow up.

Gen

*Edit: Edit*

Edited by Genesis

I know lots of Jews and at least half of them don't follow to these laws.

What about the other half? If half of them do that is disgusting and completely uneceptable right? The fact that anyone does is sickening don't you think??

That was only the talmud, the torah is much worse. (but we've been through that in another thread)

These are the two holiest books in judaism are they not?

The word jew is loosely used these days, my best friend identifies himself as jewish but is not religious, I have nothing against such people although I question their sense of identity.

I have a problem with the religion of judaism and I am proud of that, I do not shy away from it nor should I!

I'm proud to be a gentile and should not have to tolerate racism/prejudice from anyone, I have every right to speak out against it, call me what you will.

I am not gay but I don't think homophobia is a good thing either and therefore I see no reason why a gay man should not speak out against a homophobic religion that says that he should be killed (but most of society would label the gay man an "anti-semite" and make him out to be the bad guy, think about it, it's madness).

"I keep deluding myself into thinking that psychonauts are open minded dudes."

'Fraid not, many are too scared to challenge their programing and feel guilty about things they shouldn't.

I was going to show you a lecture from a rabbi explaining exactly what he thinks of us goyim (gentiles), he says that there should be a holocaust against us, there was a couple of video's I was going to link you too but they were so extreme and disgusting that they were pulled from you utube a couple of days ago (strangely enough so is just about anything that could be damaging to the image of judaism).

I guess your thinking, "oh every religion has it's extremists, this guys probably just a fringe nutter", well actually his name is Mordechai Friedman, and he was THE PRESIDENT OF THE AMERICAN BOARD OF RABBIS.

This is one of the only videos left on utube taken from his lecture series called 'Judaism today': http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?q=R...;aq=-1&oq=#

Edited by baphomet

There's abit in the Flipping Out doco where they are having a study group at one ov those rescue centers.

The guy leading the group seems to be ov the opinion that Jews being the chosen people have a little bit ov the divine in them & are therefore above all other people.....---that's how i remember it, i maybe wrong.

Religious fanaticism is intolerable from Jews just as much as it is from Christians, Muslims, Hindus etc.

That was sarcasm. :rolleyes:

If you didn't realise that I think you need to examine your bigotries. Assuming that all Jews think, behave or otherwise in a certain way is as ridiculous as saying the same thing about any group of people. So all lesbians hate men right? All true blue "Aussies" hate aboriginies right? :rolleyes:

In fact I do know lots of Jews and I can tell you that none of them think in the way that baphomet implied that ALL Jews think. Not a single person. I'm sure they're out there somewhere but if you don't think those ideas presented here are lunatic fringe (if they're even true) how could these people function together in a society with Non-Jews?

Yes it is offensive to be accused of bigotry and hatred (even by bigots). Call it whatever you like Genesis it's offensive to label people this way. Maybe you should ask yourselves how a thread about an Israeli doco turned into a thread about how Jews hate Non-Jews?

Personally I don't care what an individual believes if they are not harming anyone else leave them to their path how does it affect me or you? If you really care and think that someone has lost their way maybe you should find them and teach them all of your truths, maybe it'll resonate with them. Religious fundamentalism makes me really angry too but what baphomet is doing here is just spreading hate "oh all Jews hate me therefore they must be bad it's ok to hate them too."

Fundamentalism of any sort is idiotic whether it's justified as religion or as some kind of righteous indignation. Does organised religion contain a lot of stupid hateful shit? Um yes. :rolleyes:

Does that mean that I have to put up with idiots telling me what I think? Looks like it.

I'm not going to get into a philosophical or theological discussion here about what I personally do or don't believe because I don't owe anyone and explanation. So think about me whatever tickles your fancy (I probably do eat babies though).

I'll finish by referring to my original post. It does sadden me to see shit like this on a forum I would hope to be about as open minded as you'd find anywhere! But no you just get the same old shit recycled in a different form. We're all the damn same people. How are we gonna deal with the real aliens if we can't even work that shit out between ourselves?!

Edited by cycle

The word jew is loosely used these days, my best friend identifies himself as jewish but is not religious, I have nothing against such people although I question their sense of identity.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the word Jew can refer to both ethnicity and religion. If that's so, then you're statement is like questioning the identity of a person who considers himself Asian even though he is not religious.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the word Jew can refer to both ethnicity and religion. If that's so, then you're statement is like questioning the identity of a person who considers himself Asian even though he is not religious.

Yep spot on.

Yes it is offensive to be accused of bigotry and hatred (even by bigots). Call it whatever you like Genesis it's offensive to label people this way. Maybe you should ask yourselves how a thread about an Israeli doco turned into a thread about how Jews hate Non-Jews?

I don't think this is a thread preaching anti-judaisism. I think you are just caught up in a world of political correctness, that you can't stand a person talking about a racial/religious group in a negative light. Would we have the same problem if it was Christians in question? Please note that I am not affiliated with any group of people. I am an Australian that views all people as equal. I think you, Cycle, have read to deeply into someone making a comment that was not intended to be offensive. I think political correctness has gone to far and we should be free to express opinions.

Gen

"what baphomet is doing here is just spreading hate"

What you're doing here is talking shit! Please point out where I am spreading hate?

On the contrary, I am speaking out against hate, racism, homophobia, cruelty to animals, etc!

(Please don't be such an invertabrate, answer these questions!)

Do you think hateful, racist creeds should be tolerated or accepted?

Do you think homophobia should be tolerated or accepted?

Should unnecessary cruelty to animals be tolerated??

I noticed that that you didn't answer any of my previous questions, they were fair questions why not answer them? I will honestly answer any question you ask me. One more question for you though cycle, do you think that the state of israel should exist and if so why?

"In fact I do know lots of Jews and I can tell you that none of them think in the way that baphomet implied that ALL Jews think."

I challenge you to go back and point out exactly where I said this, please quote me.

Does that mean that I have to put up with idiots telling me what I think? Looks like it.

You seem to be the only one making offensive comments here.

Please point out where I told you what you think?

"if you don't think those ideas presented here are lunatic fringe (if they're even true) how could these people function together in a society with Non-Jews?"

I told you, he was The President of The American Board Of Rabbi's, I can prove this if you like? He is obviously an extremist but the fact is that he came to occupy what sounds to me like quite a prominent position and one must wonder how many other rabbi's must share his views? There are other less radical rabbi's out there who would oppose his views, I am aware of that.

The way that scum like that function in society is by keeping their disgusting beliefs to themselves (thankfully in this case he failed), sticking together with other likeminded assholes, relying on people's misplaced guilt and sympathy for something they didn't do in order to defer criticism, creating criminal organisations like the vile, 'jewish anti defamation league' to keep anyone who manages to think for themselves in line and labeling them "anti semites".

He's not going to walk into a black neighborhood and give that same speech is he? He's not going to openly tell the gentiles who's country he lives that he thinks they are inferior and should be killed. People who hate our way of life can quite easily blend in here.

"Maybe you should ask yourselves how a thread about an Israeli doco turned into a thread about how Jews hate Non-Jews?"

I haven't seen it but from what I understand, the doco was about israeli's going overseas after military service and acting up?

People then started talking about experiences they had overseas where they witnessed these people going to other countries and doing their best to fuck over the poor people who live their of what little money they had.

All I did was to post some quotes from the talmud which IMO were VERY relevant and let people draw their own conclusions if any. I wasn't spreading hate, only highlighting examples of jewish hate.

I don't think this is a thread preaching anti-judaisism. I think you are just caught up in a world of political correctness, that you can't stand a person talking about a racial/religious group in a negative light. Would we have the same problem if it was Christians in question? Please note that I am not affiliated with any group of people. I am an Australian that views all people as equal. I think you, Cycle, have read to deeply into someone making a comment that was not intended to be offensive. I think political correctness has gone to far and we should be free to express opinions.

Gen

In all fairness, I am speaking out against judaism now but that was one of the best posts I have ever read and deserves repeating, thanks gen.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard the expression "whinging pom", I even hear sports presenters say it all the time and no one bats an eye lid. My father was from england but I have no hesitation making this generalisation myself. When people say "whinging poms" they know not all poms are whingers but make a well founded generalisation IMO nonetheless.

My mother is Greek and I will quite happily make generalisations about greeks and laugh with my friends when they do the same. Movies like 'Wog Boy' were excepted without any dramas whatsoever.

People happily laugh at Irish jokes and other ethnicities but as soon as anyone mentions jews, there is an uncomfortable silence if not outrage and it is considered taboo to make any joke or criticism of jews in our society (and that is just the way some people want it to be).

The philosopher/Lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy, why then should jews be beyond criticism?

"Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the word Jew can refer to both ethnicity and religion. If that's so, then you're statement is like questioning the identity of a person who considers himself Asian even though he is not religious."

"Yep spot on."

Spot on you reckon? Most jews would be deeply offended by what you just said and do not consider themselves to be a race or ethnicity. It is taboo to call the jews a race, esp since WW2.

A jew can only be someone who's mother was a jew or someone who has converted to judaism, simple as that! If your father was jewish but your mother was not, then you can't be a jew unless you convert!!

Is it really possible to convert to another race? Race is in your DNA! :wink:

I question the identity of those who say that they are not religious but still identify themselves as jewish because being a jew is a religious concept!

Edited by baphomet

Whether knowingly or not you are completely misrepresenting Judaism.

I highly doubt you are a Talmudic scholar would you like to tell us the source of your "facts"? - I doubt it.

No I'm not going to answer your questions about my moral character. I've already explained my views. I was hoping that presented with sense you might be able to see reason but you are clearly too bigoted.

I have nothing else to say about this other than the fact that it makes me feel sick that people can kid themselves into thinking they are open minded while spreading division and hate.

The following is the wikipedia entry that deals with this issue:

Contemporary accusations

Criticism of the Talmud is widespread, in great part through the Internet.[14]

The Anti-Defamation League's report on this topic states:

By selectively citing various passages from the Talmud and Midrash, polemicists have sought to demonstrate that Judaism espouses hatred for non-Jews (and specifically for Christians), and promotes obscenity, sexual perversion, and other immoral behavior. To make these passages serve their purposes, these polemicists frequently mistranslate them or cite them out of context (wholesale fabrication of passages is not unknown)...

In distorting the normative meanings of rabbinic texts, anti-Talmud writers frequently remove passages from their textual and historical contexts. Even when they present their citations accurately, they judge the passages based on contemporary moral standards, ignoring the fact that the majority of these passages were composed close to two thousand years ago by people living in cultures radically different from our own. They are thus able to ignore Judaism's long history of social progress and paint it instead as a primitive and parochial religion.

Those who attack the Talmud frequently cite ancient rabbinic sources without noting subsequent developments in Jewish thought, and without making a good-faith effort to consult with contemporary Jewish authorities who can explain the role of these sources in normative Jewish thought and practice.

—Anti-Defamation League, The Talmud in Anti-Semitic Polemics

Rabbi Gil Student, a prolific Internet author, writes:

Anti-Talmud accusations have a long history dating back to the 13th century when the associates of the Inquisition attempted to defame Jews and their religion [see Yitzchak Baer, A History of Jews in Christian Spain, vol. I pp. 150-185]. The early material compiled by hateful preachers like Raymond Martini and Nicholas Donin remain the basis of all subsequent accusations against the Talmud. Some are true, most are false and based on quotations taken out of context, and some are total fabrications [see Baer, ch. 4 f. 54, 82 that it has been proven that Raymond Martini forged quotations]. On the Internet today we can find many of these old accusations being rehashed...

—Gil Student, The Real Truth About the Talmud

Here is the page link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud

Goodbye.

Edited by cycle

I highly doubt you are a Talmudic scholar would you like to tell us the source of your "facts"? - I doubt it.

Let me guess.. Your going to tell me that these verses don't exist or they have been misinterpreted by those who are not hebrew scholars? There are sites on the net claiming that some of these verses don't exist and from what I understand they are partially correct due to a technicality, the racist verses were expurgated from several translations of the talmud but appear in others such as the Soncino English translation of 1935 for example. Before you tell me that these verses don't exist please purchase a copy HERE and check for yourself.

The talmud is a racist book, that's not a secret! Many rabbi's and jewish scholars have admitted this themselves. Paul Schaffer sang a song on Letterman once which contained the lyrics "you think your someone but your still just a 'goy', he has made similar remarks on several other occasions as have countless other jews on national television and this racist attitude is said (by jews themselves) to originate in the talmud. Often these remarks fly right under the nose of most gentiles who watch them, here's another example: http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?q=t...emb=0&aq=f#

Your right though, I am not a hebrew scholar and it is difficult to talk about the talmud because there is much confusion surrounding it and most people don't have access to a copy in order to varify these claims but there is another book that equally proves this point that everyone has access to, 'the torah', better known as 'the old testament'. I think it's safe to assume that everyone here could get their hands on a copy of the bible and check these quotes for themselves?

Here's proof that judaism is a disgusting religion and its founder (moses) is nothing more than a theiving, murderous, pig who condones the rape of young children and infanticide. I have typed it out myself word for word reading from 'the good news bible' (please note that there are some tamer versions of the bible that are heavily sensored) It is clear after reading this that judaism should be condemned, regardless of what the talmud says. I think you are a coward for not speaking out against this as well all the homophobia, racism and cruelty to animals that judaism preaches.

"They attacked Midian as THE LORD HAD COMMANDED moses and killed all the men.. The people of Israel captured the Midianite women and children, took their cattle and their flocks, plundered all their wealth and burnt all their cities and camps. They took all the loot they had captured including the prisoners and brought them to moses and eleazer and to the community of the people of israel... Moses became angry with the officers, the commanders of battalions and companies who had returned from the war, he asked them, why have you kept all the women alive?.. So now kill every boy and kill every woman who has had sexual intercourse, but keep alive for yourselves all the girls and all the women who are virgins."

Numbers 31: 7 - 18

More to come..

The Anti-Defamation League's report on this topic states:

Did you not read what I said above about the anti defamation league? Let's hear what some JEWS have had to say about it:

Some complain that criticism of Israel, even by Jews, is being attacked by the ADL as anti-semitic. Jewish linguist and activist Noam Chomsky, who repeatedly came under the ADL's criticism,[53][54] wrote in his 1989 book Necessary Illusions.

The ADL has virtually abandoned its earlier role as a civil rights organization, becoming 'one of the main pillars' of Israeli propaganda in the U.S.… These efforts, buttressed by insinuations of anti-Semitism or direct accusations, are intended to deflect or undermine opposition to Israeli policies, including Israel's refusal, with U.S. support, to move towards a general political settlement.

…one of the ugliest, most powerful pressure groups in the U.S. … Its primary commitment is to use any technique, however dishonest and disgraceful, in order to defame and silence and destroy anybody who dares to criticize the Holy State ('Israel').

Michael Lerner, a prominent left-wing rabbi, has criticized the ADL on similar grounds:

The ADL lost most of it credibility in my eyes as a civil rights organization when it began to identify criticisms of Israel with anti-Semitism, still more when it failed to defend me when I was receiving threats to my life from right-wing Jewish groups because of my critique of Israeli policy toward Palestinians (it said that these were not threats that came from my being Jewish, so therefore they were not within their area of concern).[55]

The ADL has also drawn fire from some Orthodox Jewish leaders who charge it is more interested in promoting a dogmatic form of secularism than in promoting religious tolerance and in the process promoting anti-Christian bigotry and hatred. Orthodox Rabbi Daniel Lapin has charged:

Every time Israel comes under international pressure, as it did recently because of the war crimes committed in Lebanon, it steps up the claim of anti-Semitism, and all of Israel's critics are anti-Semitic. 1974, the ADL, the Anti-Defamation League, puts out a book called The New Anti-Semitism. 1981, the Anti-Defamation League puts out a book, The New Anti-Semitism. And then, again in 2000, Abraham Foxman and people like Phyllis Chesler, they put out these books called The New Anti-Semitism. So the use of the charge "anti-Semitism" is pretty conventional whenever Israel comes under attack, and frankly it has no content whatsoever nowadays.... What does the evidence show? There has been good investigation done, serious investigation. All the evidence shows there's no evidence at all for a rise of a new anti-Semitism, whether in Europe or in North America.

- Norman G. Finkelstein

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Defamation_League

The Other Side of the Coin

The Changing Role of B'nai B'rith's Anti-Defamation League

By Dr. Alfred M. Lilienthal

"Following an April raid on the offices of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) by the San Francisco police, the San Francisco Chronicle broke the story of a nationwide political spy operation. ADL had illegally obtained information from a corrupt police officer, Tom Gerard (who fled initially to the Philippines, which has no extradition treaty with the U.S., but later concluded his life was in danger if he stayed overseas), and Roy Bullock, a political informant and infiltrator on the ADL payroll since 1960. In the ADL offices were files on Arab Americans and members of Greenpeace, NAACP, the Mills College faculty and various other institutions, groups and individuals.

B'nai B'rith, ADL's parent organization, was founded in 1843 as a Jewish counterpart of fraternal orders then flourishing in America. The new group's purpose, as described in its constitution, called for the traditional functions performed by Jewish societies in Europe: "Visiting and attending the sick" and "protecting and assisting the widow and the orphan." Its founders had hoped that it soon would encompass all Jews in the United States. This did not happen, however, since other Jewish organizations also were forming around the same time.

In 1913 Leo Frank, a northern Jewish executive of a factory in Atlanta, Georgia, was arrested and charged with the murder of a young girl working in the factory. In an atmosphere of mob fury, he was declared guilty, even though the evidence was inconclusive. He was kidnapped from state prison and lynched. This obvious miscarriage of justice and manifestation of prejudice led to the formation by B'nai B'rith of the ADL as the first group organized explicitly to fight anti-Semitism. What exactly constituted anti-Semitism was to receive continually different interpretations. With the creation of Israel in 1948, the meaning of that word was broadened and, eventually, totally distorted.

Because it dealt with a subject of increasing importance to Jews everywhere, and one about which emotions could be aroused easily, the ADL soon emerged as the most powerful Jewish organization in the U.S., even outshining its B'nai B'rith parent organization and the aristocratic, well-financed American Jewish Committee.

Benjamin Epstein and Arnold Forster, ADL's two most important executives over a 35-year period, wrote a number of widely distributed books, which often received front-page notice even before they were published. These included The Trouble Makers (Doubleday, 1952); Cross Currents (Doubleday, 1956); Some of My Best Friends (Farrar Strauss, 1962); A Danger on the Right (Random House, 1964); Report on the John Birch Society (Random House, 1966); and The Radical Right (Random House, 1967).

ADL can exert enormous influence and intimidation.

The direction which the organization was to take was made clear in the initial book, which described a "secret meeting" between Azzam Pasha, then secretary-general of the Arab League, and members of a new organization, the Holy Land Emergency Program (HELP), organized to assist the newly created Palestinian refugees. The book charged that a conspiracy was hatched at the meeting to spread anti-Jewish propaganda. In fact, no such meeting ever took place. At the time of the alleged meeting, HELP already had ceased to exist.

At the very outset of the Palestine question, the Anti-Defamation League's publication, The Facts, sought to place an antiSemitic label on the activities of such friends of justice for the dispossessed in Palestine as Barnard College Dean Virginia Gildersleeve, U.S. presidential emissary Kermit Roosevelt, and former American University of Beirut President Bayard Dodge.1 The publication's May 1948 issue charged: "Their espousal of the Arab League cause and opposition to Zionism has been marked by the increasingly hostile attitude toward the Jewish people themselves. While anti-Zionism and sympathy for the Arab cause are not necessarily indications of anti-Semitic prejudice, there are many whose pro-Arab utterances and activities have contained sufficiently expressed or implied anti-Semitism to give cause for genuine alarm. "

This same strategy to discredit critics of Israel or defenders of Palestinian human rights has been employed by the ADL ever since. "Guilt by association" and "guilt by juxtaposition"—intermingling the names of those who might more accurately be deemed sincere critics of specific policies of Israel or its U.S. lobbyists with those of notorious bigots like Father Coughlin or Gerald L. K. Smith—have become hallmarks of ADL publications and public pronouncements. By using smear tactics to intimidate or discredit opponents, ADL has largely succeeded in impressing its will and interpretation of Middle East events on American public opinion.

The ADL has some 31 regional offices around the country and three in Canada, with an annual budget of more than $32 million. It employs a professional staff of 400, including specialists in human relations, communications, education, urban affairs, social sciences, religion and law. In addition, it has unpaid representatives in hundreds of communities from coast to coast and has compiled thousands of secret dossiers on private citizens in Canada and the United States.

"Notorious" Activities

In 1983, the ADL released a handbook, Pro-Arab Propaganda in America: Vehicles and Voices, projected to be the first in a regularly updated series. Individuals or organizations who voiced the slightest criticism of Israel or Zionism found themselves listed in this volume with a list of their "notorious" activities. All were portrayed as extremists seeking to abolish the state of Israel and/or incite prejudice against Jewish Americans.

Each regional ADL office has its own board of directors drawn from local leaders and prominent citizens, some of them non-Jews. In hundreds of communities throughout the nation, according to its own pamphlet, "The ADL is able to cooperate as a neighbor to solve important local problems. " Through its multiple private and public reports and publications, allegedly directed against prejudice and bigotry, the ADL can exert enormous influence and intimidation, often bordering on blackmail, in organizations and individuals, particularly people in public life. It provides an indispensable backup for AIPAC's effective lobbying of the Congress and White House on behalf of an ever-increasing economic and military aid to Israel.

As I pointed out in one of my books, The Zionist Connection I (and H), several ADL leaders, including directors Forster and Epstein, Seymour Graubard and the late Dore Schary (playwright, producer and influential figure in Hollywood), have boasted of ADL's use of undercover agents. Trying to be as inoffensive as possible, Newsweek magazine called the ADL's methodology "highly selective" and "never a total portrait." Anyone reviewing the ADL's reports would have to agree with author and famed Unitarian minister Dr. John Nicholls Booth that the ADL continually "strains to fit the products of its own espionage into the procrustean bed of its own personal predilections.

Many ADL charges against critics of Israel and Zionism are totally inaccurate, questionable, or based upon half-truths. Its secret and confidential reports, widely distributed in liberal circles, often attribute the stock quotation, "but some of my best friends are Jews," to its subjects, implying anti-Semitism. Odious impressions are created by twisting or distorting a few words, or the contest in which they were uttered.

With the help of the ADL and the plethora of Zionist and pro-Israel groups with which it cooperates, Israeli intelligence has continued to penetrate into every part of the U.S. The Pollard case represented only the apex of this activity. Even synagogues and rabbis have become unpaid vigilantes in the effort to compile files and lists of alleged anti-Semites, and to obtain any information of possible use to Israel or its U.S. operatives. A cynical Pentagon joke was that confidential military memos had to be typed in triplicate: "One for the White House, one for the State Department, and one for Tel Aviv."

A New Definition of Anti-Semitism

In The New Anti-Semitism, Forster and Epstein's seventh and final book, a new and stunningly broad definition of anti-Semitism was set forth:

"The hostility of the Radical Left, the Radical Right, pro-Arab groups, black extremists, and malingering anti-Jewish hatemongering that has plagued the United States since the early '20s has allegedly now been augmented by others within the government, the media, the clergy and the arts who are insensitive to Jews and Jewish concerns, particularly to the needs and wants of the state of Israel. The heart of the new anti-Semitism abroad in our land lies in the widespread incapacity or unwillingness to comprehend the necessity of the existence of Israel to Jewish safety and survival throughout the world. "

In his foreword to the tract, national ADL Chairman Seymour Graubard laid the groundwork for the kind of tactics recognizable in the current revelations from San Francisco:

"While the memory of the Nazi Holocaust was fresh in mind, anti-Semitism was silenced. As that memory fades, however, as Jews are more and more being considered a part of the Establishment, there are new growths of anti-Semitism. They are being nurtured in a climate of general insensitivity and deterioration of morality and ethics, the kind of climate, history reminds us, in which anti-Semitism grows best. "

The ADL was ever ready to apply the smear and vilification so as to censure and silence, thus building an iron curtain over America that would bar any criticism, however constructive, of Israel, Zionists, or Jews (Judaism is rarely, if ever, involved). The book from which the quotations above were taken led New York Post columnist James Wechsler, a long-time, avid friend of Israel, to write that the latest ADL work "is grievously flavored by an intolerance of their own in equating criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism. " Calling the presentation "illegitimate and uncivil," the columnist decried a work which "proceeds from a well-documented dissection of the frenzies of an obvious anti-Semite, Gerald L. K. Smith, to a loose indictment of Senator J. William Fulbright and columnists Evans and Novak. They do not explicitly apply the label 'anti-Semitic' to the latter three. But the context in which the attack appears-indeed their inclusion in the volume-carries, to borrow their words, 'an unmistakable message' and an inescapable 'innuendo. "'

It can be said without exaggeration that the ADL is the single most influential organization in the United States. It works closely with the Israeli intelligence agency, Mossad, and sometimes with the FBI or CIA. Through its multifold activities and ability to crush dissent, it is probably more responsible for American attitudes and American foreign policy toward the Middle East than any other single force.

The annual Washington conferences of the parent organization, B'nai B'rith, draw the presence of presidents and presidential aspirants. No politician with national ambitions will forego the opportunity of doing public battle with the specter of Adolf Hitler. At these conferences, however, ADL itself maintains the lowest possible profile. Few of these same politicians are prepared to associate themselves with its violations of the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, and the letter of America's Bill of Rights.

1Its January-February 1957 issue devoted its four pages to detailing the "noxious" and varied activities of this writer following the publication of What Price Israel? three years earlier.

Dr. Alfred M. Lilienthal is the author of There Goes the Middle East, The Other Side of the Coin, and the monumental The Zionist Connection. He edits the Middle East Perspective Reader."

http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/0693/9306018.htm

In case you hadn't worked it out yet, they're basically just another arm of the mossad!

The ADL Spying Case Is Over,

But The Struggle Continues

By Jeffrey Blankfort, Anne Poirier

and Steve Zeltzer

Plaintiffs in the of ADL Spying Case

"In 1993, the District of Attorney of San Francisco released 700 pages of documents implicating the Anti-Defamation League, an organization that claims to be a defender of civil rights, in a vast spying operation directed against American citizens who were opposed to Israel's policies in the Occupied West Bank and Gaza and to the apartheid policies of the government of South Africa and passing on information to both governments.

Under great political pressure, Smith later dropped the charges. One wonders what would have happened had an Arab-American or Muslim organization been caught spying with the names of 10,000 people and 600 organizations in their files.

Not only were critics of Israel under ADL's surveillance,including thousands of Arab-Americans, but labor organizations such as the San Francisco Labor Council, ILWU Local 10, and the Oakland Educational Association, and civil rights groups such as the NAACP, Irish Northern Aid, International Indian Treaty Council and the Asian Law Caucus were also found in the "pinko" files of ADL's undercover operative, Roy Bullock.

Moreover, Bullock, who had worked, off the books, for the ADL for more than 25 years, admitted that he had been reporting on the activities of black South African exiles and American anti- apartheid activists for South African intelligence.

Bullock, pretending to be sympathetic to the Palestinian cause, came to the founding meeting of the Labor Committee of the Middle in 1987 at the home of plaintiff Steve Zeltzer, having met Zeltzer at meetings of the Free Moses Mayekiso Defense

Committee, a South African labor solidarity committee in which he also infiltrated under false pretenses.

Having been responsible for exposing Bullock as an ADL agent to the media, we joined together with other Bay Area activists in filing a suit against the ADL for violation of our privacy rights as provided in California law.

Almost a decade later the suit has been settled with a significant cash payment by the ADL and, we wish to emphasize, without our signing any agreement for confidentiality which the ADL had previously demanded. Our efforts to expose the organization's work in defending the policies of the Israeli government and stifling its opponents will continue, using new information gained in the pursuance of the suit.

The ADL spent millions of dollars preventing this case from coming to trial through costly appeals and exploiting the judicial process but, at the end, it had to give up..

During the course of the suit we learned that:

Bullock, the ADL's top "fact finder" had sold confidential information to a South African intelligence agent in San Francisco for $15,000.

Ten days before he was assassinated in South Africa, Chris Hani, the man who would have succeeded Nelson Mandela as the country's president, was trailed by Bullock on a trip through California who reported on it to the South African government.

ADL agent Roy Bullock was discovered to have a floor plan of murdered Los Angeles Arab American leader Alex Odeh and a key to his office.

The ADL supplied confidential information to foreign governments that it obtained from police and federal agencies in the US,

Having infiltrated the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC), the ADL's "fact finder" performed a COINTEL-type operation at the convention of the Holocaust-denying Journal of Historical Review when he put ADC's literature on convention tables as a way of smearing the committee for "working with anti- Semites."

The ADL has organized to silence and eliminate all critical voices of Israel from academia and the media and has targeted professors , particularly those who are African American, and who are critical of Israel.

That at least 51% of the activities of its San Francisco office were devoted to defending Israel.

The ADL provided secret files to police agencies when these police agencies were prevented by law from collecting the files themselves,

Many questions must still be answered about the activities of the ADL and it's non-profit status as an "education organization". The settlement offered by the ADL is recognition on its part that it could not afford to go to a trial in front of a jury and face the likelihood that more of its dirty secrets would be revealed.

We call on all people to make sure that these practices on the part of the ADL are not allowed to continue and that the double standard that presently dominates this country on issues dealing with Israel be eliminated.

Finally, we wish to thank our attorney, former congressman Pete McCloskey, himself a victim of the ADL and the Israel Lobby, for his years of work on our behalf and his steadfast commitment to the pursuit of justice."

http://www.counterpunch.org/adlspying2.html

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THIS SITE TOO - 'ADL WATCH.ORG' http://www.adlwatch.org/

Edited by baphomet