The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
archaicrevivalist

Cow manure straight to terrarium?

Hi all, I was just wondering if this would work at all..

get a pile of cowshit from the backyard, cover with spores, and then put in a box full of perlite or something similar? obviously I have no idea what I'm doing and was wondering if this would fruit any shrooms.

cheers

Put simply, most likely no. It would probably 'fruit' something/s, whether they be the things your after, i doubt it.

The current methods used to fruit the mushrooms humans seem to have an affinity for are relatively easy, they may not seem like it but they are. The reason your idea won't work and something like the PF tek will is beacuse the PF tek decreases (considerably) the chances that any other fungus or bacteria will grow on your chosen media.

IF you stick a cow pat in a box, saturate it and keep it at room temperature you will end up growing the most prevelant and successful bacterias or fungi that are present in your house, flying about on the breeze.

Read the PF tek a few times (until you can repeat it back to someone else) find spores or culture of the mushroom you want to grow, follow said tek to a tee and i guarantee you will have a most desirable out come. :wink:

p.s. ALWAYS conserve water. :lol:

PF tek

erectus.

Edited by erectus

I think this is one of the best first posts I have ever seen, well answered, straight to the point, accurate and good advice.

Thank you erectus for such a well thought out and useful first post.

Peace and love my friends.

Naja

yeah thanks erectus, very enlightening :)...

i've just started the pf tek; just made a couple of syringes that I hope have spores in them, as I can't see anything at all..... hopefully my shaky procedures come to fruit.... I can only really tell if the substrate starts to colonise, right?

only time will tell.

thanks alot

Hey no worries guys! :P

Glad to finally contribute after perusing the boards for a good amount of time.

archaicrevivalist, if you can see anything in the syringe then you need not worry. The spores are hard to see, (especially the white ones!) but if you can see any then there are plenty in there. Im sure if you think you've done the work as best you can than you should hopefully have an agreeable outcome.

Keep it up, it's good fun! :lol:

erectus