The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jesus On Peyote

Middle cut cacti clones

Hiyas,

For the last few weeks there has been a branch of my pedro that has fallen on ground level, but hadent yet actually cut off from the main stem, anyway, i decided today to cut the lil branch, and noticed that the bottom side of it was a little bruised. iv got some pics --

One of the good side post-889-1208603053_thumb.jpg

And one of the bad side post-889-1208603076_thumb.jpg

Im wondering if even with the bruised side, is it possible to cut the branch ( it has no top end, tis a Mid-section) into a few small sized cuttings and plant em for pups? From what iv gatherd, it sounds like it doesent really matter which way you plant em down as long as both sides are calloused? or am i missing somthing?

Also, i want to make the cuts as small as possible as to be able to make as many offspring as possible so does anyone have a recommended size in which they should be cut? and because this stem is pretty slim compared to an older thick stem, does that make a difference in the size in which it should be cut?

Hope the post is readably clear.

Thanks people

peace

post-889-1208603053_thumb.jpg

post-889-1208603076_thumb.jpg

post-889-1208603053_thumb.jpg

post-889-1208603076_thumb.jpg

The "bruised" side looks more light-deprived than anything else.

Just cut the fucker up and pot as normal. You could've even left it how it was on the branch and it woulda kept goin strong, albeit with a bit of stress :)

Ah cool, thanks Mu.

Makes sense, the "damaged" part was laying against the ground so yea, not much light rising from the dirt :). glad its not some sort of mold or disease.

Thanks again. Want a cut? could be good for grafting or just planting.

Peace

I'm on a bit of a propogation spree... I'd cut it into about 4 pieces and suddenly you have 4 instead of 1 :D:D

Oh yeah, and it doesn't matter which way up you plant the mid cuts, however it will root and pup faster if you get it the original way 'up' to start with.

Edited by bit

:wink: thats the plan Bit. I dont wanna wait till all cacti get banned in aus, so im looking to go on a little spree myself.

Thanks for the tip.