The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
alkatrope

Dying maidenii

If its yellowing the probably a nitrogen deficiency, bit hard to tell the colour from the photo. Looks like its a bit dry? Potbound, and so not getting water to the majority of the roots system?

Any chance of putting her in the ground? That would solve whatever the problem may be. Even if you're in a rental, remember that acacias don't have a long lifespan. Might get to a more useful size?

Could be potbound yeah.. As the photo shows, my backyard is something like a 1x4m concrete rectangle on a third level.. So putting in the ground isn't the simplest option. I will find somewhere for it, but until I do I'd like it to be healthy in the pot.

I don't think it's just yellowing of the phyllodes.. They seem to be actually dying.

Ah ok sorry dude, I didn't notice that you were in a unit. Was paying more attention to the plant than the surroundings.

I'd be checking the roots out first, loosening some of that old soil, and putting some fresh mix in then.

Thanks.. Will give it a try.

try making some compost with some horse poo and repot to help revitalise the soil its in

just make sure the acacia is in growth mode when repotting to help avoid shock

oh yeah and it will prob need a much bigger pot !!

Edited by stiched up