The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

the beauty ov everyday objects taken for granted.

yeah ive found this too. everything in life is much more beautiful, i notice everything around me. some aspects of this stick around in my sober state. makes life seem greater.

i notice everything around me

I actually thought abit more about this & remembered that when i was a child i was very aware ov how pretty the designs on man-hole covers were, as well as much else besides.

Maybe as we become adult & start to take on more responsabilities etc., we loose that ability to see w/awe & wonder?

I often think that it may have been something like this that was in mind when JC said

"unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." :innocent_n:

I actually thought abit more about this & remembered that when i was a child i was very aware ov how pretty the designs on man-hole covers were, as well as much else besides.

Maybe as we become adult & start to take on more responsabilities etc., we loose that ability to see w/awe & wonder?

I often think that it may have been something like this that was in mind when JC said

"unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." :innocent_n:

I just spent 11 days in hospital with a herniated disc,the worst phsysical pain I have ever felt in my life.All I wanted was to get out of there,when I got back close to home my mum said there it is(meaning the ocean),I rolled down the window,saw it,smelt it,heard it and cried like a baby,I,m 43.I,m crying right now.

Never realised how much I,d taken that bit of nature for granted,I live across the road from the beach and have for most of my life so its something that is always there for me.

So if you want to appreciate your everyday objects just take them away for a while,although I dont recomend the mehtod I used,and its much easier to see whatever it was you were taking for granted.

Sorry if this doesnt make enough sense,I,m still taking far too many painkillers,which I expect is going to make me appreciate having a clear head when I finally get off them.

Thanks for sharing that Andrew. It really sounds like that experience meant a lot to you.

Maybe its because as children we havent made up labels or categories in our head yet so everything all seems the same and new. Maybe when we experience a moment our senses send info to our brains and if a sensation has been felt before there is recognition and familiarity, if there is no memory of a sensation then I think the brain has to somehow understand and incorporate it, eg. find a word or label for it.

I guess what I'm try to say is the older you get the less you go through experiencing new sensations that are free of labels and the brains attempt to understand by making connections to memories.

With this thought I'm trying to learn to fully take in a moment with out my head trying to understand it. Maybe then life will be more beautiful even if its the same everyday.

I think this ties into meditation a bit, not sure.

Have I taken this into the wrong direction or can people see what I mean?