The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

Floods around Newcastle...

Anyone get caught up in the floods down south?

Hope everyone and thier gardens are ok, gee, when it rains it really pours ehy.. (oh man that was a bad joke.)

Hows it look down there Amulte?

We got it pretty bad on a couple of days up here but nothing like down there, we got tons of rain, unusualy cold weather and REALLY strong wind on the weekend, my biggest Eileen got knocked over against the wall and it was about 3 days before I noticed, so by the time I righted her she was in more of an L shape. I should have taken some pics, now she is more of a boomerang shape and getting straighter each day.. LOL..

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...=cr%3DcountryAU

Edited by AndyAmine.

yeah was a bit psycho, lots of evacuations im aware of round my end, trees down and ses workers were floatin about.

lots of mess about, quite a few trees got struck down by lightning too, and a tanker has been wrecked LOL. dont think newcastle has had this much action since the earthquake.

yeah my plants are looking iffy, some cacti and very unhappy looking, very hard to dry them out right now so im praying i dont loose any. already lost a few plants :(

we headed for higher ground when it all started so we were pretty lucky, others round here ive spoken with tho werent. a few places were out of power for days, cars washed into the channel, was pretty bad but looks better now, still cleaning up tho.

Edited by Amulte

yeah I'm from chittaway Bay and we copped it pretty savagely. The creek joined the lake so water was about a meter deep through yards, houses everything. And now its raining again Aaaargh. Quite an experience rowing boats around on the road.

As far as plants go, all you can do is wait and see. Like alot of other possessions. Finally got power back wednesday after loosing it friday at about lunch time.

i lost quite a few plants due to too much water i guess, i just didnt expect that much water to fall so fast. altho some others have come back from death :)