The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Lupus

Salvorin A Extraction???

I have been researching Salvorin extraction and safe use of pure substance but seem to be hitting a brick wall wherever I turn. I know that it requires a strong solvent (acetone?) to free it but in what type of extraction? Soxhlett?? What else would come with it???

Dazed & Confused - Lupus

I think there is a little bit about this available in the FAQ at salvia.lycaeum.org. The basic extraction technique is simply to dry & powder leaf and sit it in the solvent for a few days, shaking periodically. Repeat on the marc. No need for heat (dangerous).

There isn't that much point in trying to get pure salvinorin-A since that just makes it very difficult to handle. For what it's worth, I think the process is essentially to make a solvent extract and then do column chromatography on it to isolate the pure substance.

More useful is simply to extract into a solvent, reduce and dump onto leaf to make a smokable extract, or reduce all the way down to a tar for sublingual absorbtion. Or you could try to clone Siebert's "Emerald Essence" -- if Torsten makes it to this thread he might have some hints about that... I think he mentioned he was attempting it at some stage.

Siebert's "Emerald Essence"????

What is this? I havn't come accross this before. As I said my internet search hasn't come up with much.

What solvent would you recomend? Acetone?

How safe would it be to put the extract on a leaf and smoke it? Safe doses??