The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pigdog

Chimo .. Commercial Tobacco

Guest Pigdog

Okay, for the greater good I have decided to sacrifice a full packet of Drum, to see how it boils up into chimo. Will it aste good? Bad? Will all teh chemicals affect teh Nicotine when boiled? Will it be astonishingly potent? .. Only one way to find out smile.gif

I will let you know how this goes smile.gif

--Pigdog

Vaguely related, I bought some Drum in the U.S. and it turned out to be made in the U.S. (in Australia from memory it's imported from the netherlands). The taste was very different and although I'm no expert, more like cigarette tobacco. It did cross my mind -- for about 2 seconds -- to wonder what kind of carcinogenic additives they allow in the US ..

Guest Pigdog

Results.

Well, results were somewhat dissapointing. With the chimo created from the Drum being best described as low-grade real chimo I guess. The taste was ok, but the effects just didn't seem the same. I got that pinch in my throat that you get from "pharmacy gum" whoever has had Nigorettes would know the pinchy feeling in the throat, but that was it frown.gif

The little batch of chimo I made first time the other day was quite nice, and had noticable effects. That was made from natural Tobacco (N.Tobacum) and was a very nice ol' chomp indeed smile.gif

So in conclusion, I would say, just smoke it. Drum is a tasty smoke, and I won't be wasting aby more packets making chimo from this smile.gif

--Pigdog