The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
KlUe

Lophophoras getting soft

Hey all,

I've got some lophs under fluoros in my grow box and noticed a couple of them have become quite soft to touch.

Thinking they needed a good watering, I did so yesterday evening.. This morning they were a little better, but come tonight they're just as soft again.

Could it be because it is getting too hot in there? I'd say temps average 30-35 degrees during 'daytime'. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

KlUe

EDIT: Tonight I turned off the warm white bulb to reduce temperature in there.

Edited by KlUe

Usually under watering seems to cause a softening of the tissue. Implementing a regualr watering strategy is usually the key to success, make sure you don't over water though.

IMHO 30-35 celsius is a little excessive in the heat department. I would lower it to between 20-25 celsius and see how you fare. Pretty sure that is why they are softening. Too much heat.

Usually under watering seems to cause a softening of the tissue. Implementing a regualr watering strategy is usually the key to success, make sure you don't over water though.

IMHO 30-35 celsius is a little excessive in the heat department. I would lower it to between 20-25 celsius and see how you fare. Pretty sure that is why they are softening. Too much heat.

Thanks Tonic. To be honest I've not been up to date with watering schedules, I'll be more careful now.

Also as I mentioned I've turned off the warm white fluoro - hopefully temps will stabilize a bit lower.

Sorry I did'nt notice your edit, it was hiding way down the bottom there LOL. Not a problem mate, let us know how your lovely lophs do after you reduce the heat etc.

i find my peyote loves underwatering i let em go till they go soggy then give em a water they seem to boom and grow as well as if well watered with no risk of overwatering im no expert tho but the cactus look happy

Edited by YoWiE