The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Silly Billy

opium prices

Guest Silly Billy

hi i was wondering how much opium costs in here in Oz? and how much would a first timer need to purchase? thanx

(mind u im not intending to buy any opium , far from it i am simply tring to make conversation)

[This message has been edited by Silly Billy (edited 12 July 2000).]

Guest reville

silly billy

dont you know opium is illegal

silly billy

poppies make lovely garden flowers though , especially as a massed spring display.

Far from Shroom, and Cannabis, I have no reason to grow Poppy except for lovely garden. I love to learn from the Plants, however isolation of opium from poppy flower sounds quite "Cocaine syndicate" in Columbia.....

Personaly, I want our lovely members to participate in this forum to create and share the "IDEA" and "Green Wisdom".

Take it easy.

Guest Silly Billy

my question reffers to the price of opium in australia not your views on it or my wanting some!

but thanx anyway

Guest UV1
Originally posted by Silly Billy:

my question reffers to the price of opium in australia not your views on it or my wanting some!

I don't think there's a commercial market in Australia. Proobably on the prescription medication black market you could buy Papaveretum, which is basically opium or Palfium which is quite opium like complete with "Pipe dreams" . No idea on prices.

Guest theobromus

Preparation of opium from the poppy capsule sounds to me like a respectful act of worship of the Corn Goddess Demeter whose compassion for the grief of others, having lost her own daughter, led her to weep tears that bring a temporary forgetfulness of the pains of the mind and the body. The gifts of the Gods are two-edged, abuse of Cannabis and Shrooms can be detrimental to the mortal who dares them for too long. Shiva's dance creates and destroys.

From my historical reading about the Victorians (from the reign of the British Queen not the Australian state) the quality of opium varied markedly from the crudely prepared matique (which is just boiled down poppy capsule tea and rather sugary) to the most potent where smoking even a matchhead's size will have profound effect.

Palfium is, of course, fully synthetic and only related to opium in its action not its chemistry or origin.

Guest reville

If its not for sale , does it have a value assigned? more specifically - does the australian government make financial transactions with itself (?!)in the movement of its own tasmanian opium from production site to processing.I mean morphine and other derivatives have a value but is it a closed financial loop prior to that/or what? sorry to appear

condescending before, i didnt know if it was answerable for the above reasons

The tasmanian poppy industry is entirely based on chemical extraction of poppy straw, there's no "opium" in the sense of the tarry smokable stuff involved. This is supposedly for economic reasons but no doubt it aids security to do all the concentration and preparation at a factory rather than in the fields... And given the legitimacy of the industry I imagine prices for the straw would be pretty low compared to black market prices in terms of morphine content.

Anyway, as others have said, they make a lovely spring display. Time to plant about now. Not in Australia of course though because that would not be legal no matter how feasible.