The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Warrioe-Sage

The Ancients where more advanced then us today...ACCEPT IT

Guest Warrioe-Sage

Did you know that the next Indiana Jones movie will be called Indiana Jones and the city of Gods..justa nother example of ALIENS messin with our lives..DNA!?...........was that over the top!?hehe!!...just askn

Guest Warrioe-Sage
Pyramid's Secret Doors to Be Opened

Rossella Lorenzi, Discovery News

may 20, 2007 — Doors will soon open to reveal one of the mysteries of the Great Pyramid in Giza, Dr. Zahi Hawass, chief of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, told Discovery News in an exclusive interview.

Hawass, one of the world's leading Egyptologists, said he will show what lies behind secret doors inside the 4,500-year-old pharaonic mausoleum by the end of this year.

"Finally, people all over the world will know what is behind the second door in the southern shaft and the third door in the northern shaft," Hawass said.

Built in 2550 B.C. for the pharaoh Cheops, also known as Khufu, the Great Pyramid is the largest of a family of three pyramids on the Giza plateau, on the outskirts of Cairo.

The last remaining wonder of the ancient world has lost little of its original height of 481 feet, and contains 3.4 million cubic yards of material. Its base covers an area of 13.1 acres, which could accommodate the cathedrals of Florence, Milan, London's St. Paul's and Rome's St. Peter's and still have plenty of space.

The monument has long been rumored to have hidden passageways leading to secret chambers, and archaeologists have puzzled over the meaning of four narrow shafts deep inside the pyramid since they were first discovered in 1872.

Two shafts, extend from the upper, or "Kings Chamber" exit into open air. But the lower two, one on the south side and one on the north side in the so-called "Queen's Chamber" disappear within, deepening the pyramid mystery.

Widely believed to be ritual passageways for the dead pharaoh's soul to reach the afterlife, these 8-inch square shafts remained unexplored until 1993, when German engineer Rudolf Gantenbrink sent a robot through the southern shaft.

After a steady climb of 213 feet from the heart of the pyramid, the robot had to stop in front of a mysterious limestone slab adorned with two copper handles.

Nine years later, Hawass performed an investigation of the southern shaft on live television. As the world held its breath, a tomb-raiding robot pushed a camera through a hole drilled in the copper handled door — only to reveal another door.

The following day, Hawass sent the robot through the northern shaft. After crawling for 213 feet and several sharp bends, the robot came to an abrupt halt in front of another limestone slab.

As with the Gantenbrink door, the stone was adorned with two copper handles.

"I dedicated my whole life to study the secrets of the Great Pyramid and I must say that these doors create many exciting questions. It is intriguing that the door in the northern shaft and the first door in the southern shaft are equidistant from the queen's chamber.

"Moreover, they are very similar, as they both feature the same copper handles," Hawass said.

Speculation abounds that the shafts might lead to a secret chamber which might contain everything: a cache of papyri, a statue of Pharaoh Khufu, or even his real tomb.

"This month I am going to choose the team that is going to work with me on this project. It will be either from Singapore or Hong Kong," Hawass said.

Hawass did not specify whether inspections into the shafts have already been carried or whether further robotic investigations are necessary.

"I can only say that this year I will reveal the secrets of the Great Pyramid doors," Hawass told Discovery News.

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/03/20/h...=20070320100000

i bet he already knows what's back there already... if it were of any consequence i doubt he would televise it or allow it. just my opinion... interesting who funded his education.....

so much disinfo.

This is covered in the movie Stargate, in case anyone is feeling interested/nostalgic. I know I am. I friggin' love that show. (SG-1) :D

Cheops was a known megalomaniac. The pyramid is completely bare on the inside. The very idea that he would build a monument without throwing his name and likeness all over it is preposterous.

The pyramid is probably as old as 8,000 B.C., give or take.

if you go by the egyptians own records they trace themselves at least the king list back something like 26000 years its nuts but it is on the stones. have a look at West's Magical Egypt....a bit droll at times but presents some interesting ideas nonetheless. So when the heck are they going to do this, apart from the 20+ foot wall repleat with gun turrets they are supposedly erecting as we speak. Wonder if it has anything to do with what they are diggin up /around for in Iraq. From what they can tell Egypt started out with higher tech then degenerated as the years ran on , rather than improving culturally and technologically, which leads to the obvious question....why and what spawned them to begin with. do the math and follow the commonalities that are all over the planet. Be nice to see this date but i am willing to bet they will announce it then it will fade awaya dn we won't hear shit, people have a short attention span, if we are lucky they will feed us some pablum about finding a new sarcophagus or some such nonsense.

same thing happens to Atlantis in Plato's book Critias, the atlantean kings had the seed of divine nature inside them, but has the generations came to pass they lost this inner divinity and changed their focus from rightousness to earthly/human occupations like wars and conquests for empires in their own name and battle for 3D.

Even the Bible talks about it quickly with the episode of Noah.

------------------------------------------------------

may 20, 2007 — Doors will soon open to reveal one of the mysteries of the Great Pyramid in Giza

The set creaks! The cameras roll! The subliminals sublimate! Zany Hawass prys out the last bit of mortar-

and suddenly LIVE ON FOX:

"Oh look every one, is sand! Sand is in these tomb-uhs. Here we are seeing for first time in 2200 years,

sand in these tomb-uhs. Is a great day for all eegipt. Yay. I not am affiliated the Masons."

COMING UP NEXT: THE SIMPSONS

About the pyramids there are some shafts that are designed to show the Orion Cluster.

I would like WS to enlighten me on why; without the aliens [physical].

I can tolerate multidimensional nonaliens[not from somewhere else] concept.