The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Max

geijera parviflora

I was wondering if anyone knows first hand the effects of consuming the leaves of Geijera Parviflora

I have not been able to get Geijera Parviflora seeds to germinate - I've tried all sorts of things. If anyone could give me some helpful advice I would appreciate it.

Unfortunately I have no first hand knowledge of the effects - just what I've read and that isn't much.

Guest wira

Apparently it is supposed to induce 'drowsiness and drunkenness' when smoked, but I couldn't say first hand what it does...

Guest theobromus

Geijera parviflora is very variable in its alkaloid content. It may have alkaloids of several different types as the dominant one in different races. Be cautious unless you know the seed comes from a race used for recreation.

Guest wira

Ah, Theo, so do you have some more info on this than what you're sharing? Please tell! I haven't had the time to look into this plant yet, and I haven't got any chemical information.

Guest mulga

Here's a brief I came up with a while ago, with some further references.

http://users.lycaeum.org/~mulga/geijera.html

Know the tree, but never looked further into it. There are other species of Geijera around as well, some 5 all up. With a few of them more from coastal eastern wetter forests than the most well known Wilga.