The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Dunkel

Growing entheogens in Melbourne

Anyone with experience, tip or general info on growing Catha edulis or Salvia divinorum in Vic, outside in the ground?

Do they make it through the winter down here?

And does Salvia make it through the dry, hot summers?

Thanks

Ed

The divine one will do fine in Victoria,

winter's ok..

If you can afford the effort, and your house is nice & cosy, bring her inside when it drops below 8 C or so.. sensitive to frost.

(Or give her a permanent place in your home :] )

She can get used to a few hours of direct sunlight each day, but when it starts heating up, 18 C +, you'll want to keep her in filtered light.

When temps get high, 35-40+ C, keep her in low-light/shade.. she quite probably will wilt, but this won't be detrimental, she'll perk up.

The plants I've seen have been grown in a humidity tent & are sprayed once daily..

don't overdo the spraying, especially during the strong heat with a tent & lack of ventilation, you'll likely see leaf-browning/rot.

Hmm, I just looked up the info page here & found there's a new "Salvia Care" page, so disregard all I wrote:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/Website/Sa...vinorumcare.htm

brilliant!

Perhaps, earthalchemist & others can help out with questions regarding catha edulis.

ashley

Don't know for certain about your lovely Salvia - but I have been playing with it's sisters - resplendens and black night and a few others - more for fun and x breeding experiments - they love outside in pots, watered once a day, good sun for about 1/2 the day. I'd say they survive if protected from frost and drought.... Your other species --- ?

broad leaf khat grows fine, dies back a little w/frost but comes back fine in spring, narrow leaf struggles but still goes ok.

i've seen sally d. growing splendidly well down the side ov a house where it had limited light & a moist climate in Melbourne

Edited by nabraxas

this thread is 12 years old... i doubt they were still after advice

• Like 1

The good ol days when Sally was legal

The good ol days when Sally was legal

yes, thank god for our government from saving us from this dangerous drug plant. i feel so much safer and happier now.

• Like 3