The Corroboree
No_One

Anti Anti-Drug Propaganda

This stuff is music to my ears!

Shit needs to be intelligent at some level but intelligence doesn't usually ram anything home. People still smoke even though intelligence says its bad. People still drive fast even if though they know it's dangerous. This is human nature, minds need to be blown apart before they can be put back together with the right shit.

I'm happy to go out there and cause a ruckus with absolute absurd attention grabbing shit just to create a who-ha that directs people in the right direction.

This project could be a sub-division of the main cause.

Tell a bloke that you can learn about the secrets of Quantum Physics on the net he probably won't go look it up, tell him that there's this group stirring up a lot of shit that's worth checking out he just might.

Ultimately the truth needs to be spread but it's hard to get people to care about the truth without some triviality/novelty involved.

Keep in mind things don't need to happen tomorrow, the site could be developed over an extensive period of scrutiny, Erowid etc. is good but it still has the element of "abuse drugs about it".

Be back soon

Yeh, I think its more the approach, and the means, that needs to be intelligent and well planned.

Consider the Cougar Bourbon ad - "Five cougars, thanks" he says after looking at a massive pair of tits. Its an idiot being portrayed, but the intelligence behind it was what made it a successful ad.

With that said, I'm always up for a bit of hell-raising!!

I think that by staying on here, and brainstorming, we're pushing shit up hill... we will probably get over the hill one day, but we're gunna get covered in shit in the mean time. This really should be done in person. More pathways can be explored, and people can bounce off each other in the space of seconds. But therein lies the greatness of the internet - it connects people that wouldn't normally be connected. Personally, I work better with people than I do on my own... I get great ideas, but lack the motivation to follow through on them.

To start anything along these lines, a definied collection of crusaders needs to be put together.. then a plan derived from the collective.

I like the sub-division idea... multi-pronged attack.

With that said, I'm always up for a bit of hell-raising!!

Good stuff Azz :drool2:

I agree with everything you said, I'm considering this an unorganised organisation at the moment, wether it gets organised or not I'm not sure. I got the impression from the other thread, the mythbusting one, that there are heaps of people waiting to surf this wave but the crowd seems to be to dying off and everyones starting to paddle in.

Whatever (and if anything) comes from this it should be intelligent in achieving it's aim but not neccessarily intelligent - this is what your getting at with your Cougar example isn't it? To me that's the hook that's gets them thinking i.e. the seed, meme, etc. That's what I wanna spread.

When you get an idea make a mental note and then add it to this thread - doesn't matter how vague just get the gist across, only if you want to though.

Good stuff Azz :drool2:

I agree with everything you said, I'm considering this an unorganised organisation at the moment, wether it gets organised or not I'm not sure. I got the impression from the other thread, the mythbusting one, that there are heaps of people waiting to surf this wave but the crowd seems to be to dying off and everyones starting to paddle in.

Whatever (and if anything) comes from this it should be intelligent in achieving it's aim but not neccessarily intelligent - this is what your getting at with your Cougar example isn't it? To me that's the hook that's gets them thinking i.e. the seed, meme, etc. That's what I wanna spread.

When you get an idea make a mental note and then add it to this thread - doesn't matter how vague just get the gist across, only if you want to though.

Hell yeh, I love to get rowdy and make a little noise! Nothing I love more than a good riot! I'm the first peson in any crowd to start an NWA "Fuck Tha Police" chant :devil: This is why the missus has banned me from drinking Bundy Rum - not cos I fight, but because I wanna have more fun!!! Go figure that one out... :lol:

My first idea is that any "plan" should be moved somewhere private, and with restricted (selective) access.

"To start anything along these lines, a definied collection of crusaders needs to be put together.. then a plan derived from the collective"

agreed azz, (your last paragraph reminds me of some great dialogue on team america) we need to know who's putting their hand up for the work so we can take the next step, its great to have a heap of loose ideas that on their own are appropriate but without a little structure it wont turn into the intented purpose. even if its just so the administritive side of collating ideas, considering suggestions gets done and is decided on.

do we put our names down in a list? can i assume everyone that has posetd so far has volunteered to be part of the working team?

do we need to firstly committ to an approach? it seems there are two main angles. one of straight/intelligent/factual and the other with the same but with a splash of color to get their attention. can we do both? do we vote on it as a collective?

these things need to be answered before we get caught up in the detail so we can walk the same path and really use the strength of our numbers.

im in. i will start to take note of who wants in on the collective and we can start the list.

if you have an interest in being part of the mentioned collective PM myself or AZZ301

Edited by endogenous

its 3 - 0 - 1 mate :lol:

I was born on the 30th of January, not the 33rd :)

I've always liked the number 3 tho, and often consider myself No.1 B)

do you all have an interest in being part of the collective? or is this much structure a bit to sterile?

if so what are your suggestions?

Dunno bout everyone else but I'm definately down for whatever.

The more the merrier, many hands make light work.

Structure's good but it has to be fair, maybe lay down some ground rules or something which those that wish to be a part of a collective can scrutinize and once it's all agreed upon "we" can go from there.

Ideally I'd like to see a collective of minds with clearly defined objectives where no member out-ranks any other member and no-one does anything before having there plans scrutinized first.

Dunno bout everyone else but I'm definately down for whatever.

The more the merrier, many hands make light work.

Structure's good but it has to be fair, maybe lay down some ground rules or something which those that wish to be a part of a collective can scrutinize and once it's all agreed upon "we" can go from there.

Ideally I'd like to see a collective of minds with clearly defined objectives where no member out-ranks any other member and no-one does anything before having there plans scrutinized first.

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table... Not even Arthur sat higher than anyone else.