The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
marsha

pumice

where would one get a hold of a good size bag of pumice in wa and also scoria? any help be much appreciated i have searched the net for suppliers and tried gardencentres and got blank looks ?

Edited by YoWiE

Do they have Bunnings in WA?

Pumice used to be my fav medium to mix up with my cacti mixes. Has made some of the best mixes for lophs.

Unfortunatly, the biggest supplier of comercial pumic(yates) has stopped selling it for over 5-7 years now. I picked up my last few 100l bags from an old nursery shutting down that had some stored out the back for years. I phoned the number on the bag of pumice to get more stock. Well, the lady laughed at me and wondered how old i was! She said they havent sold it in sooo long that she cant remember anyone buying if for many years. I guess its another one of those good old items that has just been there for all my life memory, but when you go to get them thesedays, NONE of them are still around!

Scoria should be widely available. If you try lanscape suppliers they will surely have some. Be sure to soak it for a few days tho, its got soo much dust and garb with it. Not sure if ive seem scoria in small enough diameter stones tho.. only quite largeish.

Hope that helps

RIP Pumice.

:)