The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
KlUe

Sceletium tortuosum question...

Hi all,

I recently purchased an S.tortuosum plant which had two rooted cuttings in there.

The smaller one looks fine, but the larger one is very weak in terms of holding itself up. The growth isn't too bad - up to a couple of cm per day depending on the conditions, but the top of it droops over and leans on the soil. Is this supposed to happen?

Cheers,

KlUe

They are pretty much a succulent ground cover, they will sprawl along the ground/over pots etc.

My S. emarcidum often branch up and out and stand up quite rigid, but they stay relatively low. My tortuosum isn't as healthy, but it acts in a similar way, with mine it seems more of a sprawler than emarcidum but that could just be the situation my plants are in.

As the more succulent growth trails along the ground, it'll thicken up and will then be able to grow taller and bush out like that.

Edited by gerbil

They are pretty much a succulent ground cover, they will sprawl along the ground/over pots etc.

My S. emarcidum often branch up and out and stand up quite rigid, but they stay relatively low. My tortuosum isn't as healthy, but it acts in a similar way, with mine it seems more of a sprawler than emarcidum but that could just be the situation my plants are in.

As the more succulent growth trails along the ground, it'll thicken up and will then be able to grow taller and bush out like that.

Cheers mate, maybe its not so bad then :)

KlUe

These aren't the best of specimens, but kind of represents what I said above

tortuosum sprawling

gallery_239_3_78717.jpg

tortuosum woody stems

gallery_239_3_57055.jpg

These aren't the best of specimens, but kind of represents what I said above

tortuosum sprawling

gallery_239_3_78717.jpg

tortuosum woody stems

gallery_239_3_57055.jpg

Sweet, thanks man, just clarified my question :)

Cheers