The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bit

Busting out

This little guy appeared overnight! :) Bringing my total baby count to 12 so far this spring/summer :)

IMG_0194.jpg

I've circled him in this next zoomed out photo.

Now I have a question about the 3rd plant with the big pup - last season the parent and pup were doing fantastically, both bursting with life and rich greeness (pup grew around 16 inches in a year!). This season, as you can see, the parent plant is rather yellow, and although the pup seems to still be growing, it's nowhere near the rate of the plants to beside it, let alone last year's rate.

Now, changes since last season - the mix it's in is now a year old - should I repot it with fresh mix (I fertilize bi-monthly with half strength 27-5.5-9 which they seem to like)?

Is the pup sucking the life force from the parent - should I remove it and let the parent concentrate on itself?

I'm considering moving it into one of my greenhouses (this helped green up another pedro), but would really like to leave it out.

IMG_0192.jpg

And lastly, my macro which I cut up has pupped from the base! Stoked with this little guy :)

IMG_0191.jpg

Nice one bruvva! :lol:

12 this season eh, how'd you go this time last year?

Nice one bruvva! :lol:

12 this season eh, how'd you go this time last year?

1 (it's the big pup in the second photo) :blush: - this time last year my collection stood at 3 cacti.. :blush:

Edited by bit

Hey great looking cactus you got. Mind if i ask what your soil mix is?

Been looking into growing some.

I believe for these ones the mix is off the shelf 'Thrive Cacti and Succlent' mix. Although it could also be 'Dalton's Cacti and Succulent Mix'

I'm too lazy to mix my own soil.

Just as an update to this, the cactus with pup was moved inside my mini-greenhouse and has recovered it's green colouring. I'm still planning to repot it, but just need to find somewhere to get a bigger pot.