The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
charliewired

Introductions

Hi

my name is charliewired, thats been my net handle for a while, as Im interested in electronics

{guitar amplifier, and effects} as well as other things. Luthiery, Ethnobotany, Permaculture Recording, etc

I live in British Columbia.

I became a mamber a few days ago, I have since been reading through the posts here and I really have enjoyed digging through the Cactus forum especially, among others.

I enjoyed the other sections but this is where I will be spending the majority of my time as cactus is my newest and most rabid interest at present, although I grow a great deal of ethnobotanical plants, with the help of my green thumbed wife.

I became a member because I really find this board to be the one of the most informative and intelligent discussions of ethnobotanicals and enthoegenic plants on the internet, and I like how the subjects are approached in a more empirical scientific manner than alot of the other rash and baselessly opinionated boards that exist.

I also like how there seems to be much merit in SAB members in general, as well.

However I wanted to make a post introducing myself and making people aware of my interests, and how I could be beneficial to other members,

I have about 300 lophophora seedlings, 24 different varieties. I have many other types of cactus as either single young specimens or seedling.

I have just bought 20 cuttings of pereskiopsis as grafting stock{so I should have plenty extra in a while}.I was planning on selling cacti seed on the internet via a website but soe personal complications have sidelined that project temporarliy - so I have LOTS of seed to trade - i.e. I have a few different sources of Trich panachoi and peruvianus, 5 different types of lophophora etc.

I have a few friends already here already, that I have met elsewhere {Botanical Swap, Enthoegen.com, the Nook, and Sporelab}

I was a member of some other boards but just found them too counter productive or juevenile or opinionated.

I look forward to making friend here and learning as much as I can. I have taken the first steps on a long and winding & spiny road.

So hello everyone!

Cheers

charliewired

Welcome

Edited by Amulte

hey there charlie and welcome

just thought id mention that its important you dont go publicly trading loph seed with oz members here

cos it might imply you were sending them in the post

and due to aussie customs that would be illegal

all the loph plants we have in oz are from seed imported pre 1940's :P:bootyshake:

having the plants isnt illegal - but importing seed or other material is

trich seed is fine

if you have doubts about what and how you can legally trade with people here take a look at

www.aqis.gov.au/icon

Yes, welcome aboard Charliewired, your right about the SAB forum as it's a true community of like minded knowledge seekers.

Just wondering, do you have any traditional plant use unique to your specific area?

Hi charliewired, sounds like you have a nice collection going there. Any chance of photos? I love pictures :)

Sorry, about the loph seed - I was unaware of that! I heard all the members talking about thier lophs and I assumed that you could legally possess and import them!

Of course I would never transport them to where they were prohibited to import.

So are you allowed to distribute seed that have been produced on your existing lophs? In Aus?

I even read the whats legal and whats not posts, and it sort of led me to believe that it was legal to import

Should have read more closely.

I do have pictures that I took just before my shitty digi cam crapped out - but they are seedlings yet so nothing is too spectacular yet.

Here is a tray of caesposita

100_0895.jpg

100_0899.jpg

Heres a tray with 23 different loph varieties in it

100_0896.jpg

100_0899.jpg

100_0897.jpg

heres a couple older lophs recovering from thier sunburn

100_0910.jpg

here are some other cactus that I need identification of:

100_0922.jpg

100_0920.jpg

100_0919.jpg

100_0918.jpg

hopefully I will get this hunk of junk fixed so I can take some more up to date photos but for now these will have to do.

Cheers

Charlie