The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
naja naja

Advice needed,

O.K.

At this point, my main aim is to propagate as many plants as poss and in pots, until they r big enough to go into the ground.

I have this one plant, that as a mid section cutting, I simply placed and forgot about this cutting that was leaning up against a couple of milkcrates in the greenhouse. By the time I came to do sumthing with it, it had rooted itself into the grounf. That was about 4 years ago now, and it is well and truely rooted in there.

What I want is sum advice. I was gona wait till spring to do this cause I wanted the remaining stump to callus well, But now I'm thinking I might dig that up aswell(cause it's not in the most convenient position)

So here's my plan; cut column into 3-5 mid section cuts, leaving the pup attatched to the top cut. Bring them inside to callus and then root over winter. Then dig up the remaining stump, with as much rootball as poss and plant it into a pot, for continued propagation. I could then place this pot under the covered part of my greenhouse to callus properly during winter, or just bring it inside for a few weeks.

th_25488_DSC03373.JPG

Wat do sum of u more experienced guys think?

Cheers in advance(I always get good advice here tongue.gif )

Naja

Edited by naja naja

They transplant well

dont worry bout it

just make clean cuts and alow to heal b4 replanting

best to wait till spring though u could do it now

btw if its got roots and a growing tip and is over 10cm tall , its big enough to go in the ground

tough tough plants these are :slap:

:slap: rotflmao I hadnt noticed this one before,

for some reason I find it really funny.

i dug out at times 150cm tall scops and allthough the roots would have been shortend a lot by doing so the transplant went realy well. the thing commenced growing in spring like nothing happend, no signs of girdling, as rev say's they transplant well, so maybe get the whole thing out in one piece.

this smilies are new, hey i have to use this one cough :bong: