The Corroboree
BedOSpines

'AI cognitive assistant'

Hey guys/gals.

I just read this article. I get the feeling this is going backwards. Maybe I'm just terrified of a future where this becomes common place. what you guys reckon?

'How to forget how to remember' :wacko:

Imagine you’re calling a friend with whom you haven’t talked to recently. From the dial tone or your wrist movement, the cognitive assistant tracks the number that you dialed. From there, it figures out who you’re calling, and crosschecks its database for previous conversations, calendars and photos related to that person.

It then gently reminds you — through an earpiece, speakers or email — that last time you talked, your friend had just begun a new job. By scanning your texts, it notes that several weeks ago she had booked a tattoo appointment — her first! — that was now coming up.

All of this information sits primed and ready — all before your friend picks up — just in case you want a friendly reminder.

->- Link <-

• Like 1

I think that is wonderful!
Why not take off all of that additional social cognition so you can free your brain up to focus on things that are more useful/productive.
Then again that's just coming from my incredibly anti social perspective whereby I think that much social interaction is rather tedious and a waste of cognitive effort.

It would also make picking people up easier eventually I'd imagine too. "Pay an extra $xx/mth for the special addition suave mode"
lols

• Like 2

Haha suave mode could be handy. Definently would improve customer service. I just imagine someone dependant on the tech breaking down when it stops working. That and adding little voices in people's ear could end in tears. What if your personal ai becomes a blood lusting psychopath?