The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

Free Voice over IP program with encryption

After LOTS of trial and error Andy has found a first rate free VoIP program with encryption called SKYPE. Previously he was using PGP-Phone but now pfreffers Skype..

This thing is great, its a true example of the plug and play concept. all you need is a good connection, a reasonable sound card, some speakers and a microphone. (Oh yeah and a friend LOL) the wizards does the rest and your up and running in minutes.

The sound quality is the best I've heard from free VoIP software yet and the delay is minimal although of course of these factors depend on your connection speed. Plus of course its encrypted!

You can pay a low fee to call people off the network on normal numbers and it also has other features like encrypted IM and file transfer.

You can search for people to call like most other IM apps and has other similar fetures.

Besides the fact that it saves $$$ I can see it having lots of good uses in comunitys like these. Explaing things in text can be a little difficult sometimes ao I thought this could be a really good way for people actually "speak" to each other in a semi-anonymous way.. and who couldnt use someone with experinace actually talking to you as you do something for the first time.. Andy knows its helped him..

http://www.skype.com

(P.s Andy has no affiliation with this company so please dont think he's just doing some shameless plugging for them or something:)

[ 21. December 2004, 20:23: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

Why does Andy talk about himself in third person? Zu thinks that's just plain silly