The Corroboree
DiscoStu

what is your ideal world?

following on from this thread:

what is your ideal world? if all the problems of your world were solved what would it look like?

so what is my ideal world?

I don't know really, lately I've been looking at a world which exist supra-normal to my daily activities. I've always thought that the idea of "getting back to nature" is moot because you are nature, so you never left. you just need to realise it. sure i do a job i don't particularly enjoy but doing something else is not my ideal necessarily, maybe i just exist. are any activities necessarily different from the other when we recognise the illusion of self? would i be more happy just tending to a garden somewhere and not having to run the rat-race, maybe, but then reality would change, i'd just be performing another action than i am now.

so maybe i dont need to go anywhere because everywhere is already as whole and complete as it will ever be?

In once sense, all of that is true - the world is that was it is, because it wasn't the way it is it wouldn't be the way it is. Of course the world is whole and complete - it's like asking: 'how am I not myself?' But, to see this state of affairs as being right, or in line with justice or the highest good - this requires either that you say that world could not possibly be better (rendering our moral imagination useless), or that you collapse the distinction between facts and values - neither of these things are easy (either philosophically or psychologically). 

The ideal world question is a good one though - I've been thinking about this a bit lately. Will get back to you with an answer on that sometime in the next day or two. 

• Like 3

one where i can have a wetroom deep tropical jungle/rainforest with pure-softwaterfall showers and moss carpet with foggers and a "river bath"..

all the cool rainforesty plants we love as living furnishings with function .. and loadsa dartfrogs and amazon tree frogs too , glass walls of Acid tank/Ammazonian aquaria , different tank for each wall so as to keep the arrowanas from devouring the discus n shit - for the bathroom .. with en-suite bedrooms :)

a Xeroscaped desert and rocks living room with all the ace dry loving plants and creatures with a night-time temp drop.. glass walls with the odd reptile enclosure behind em and bufo alvarius breeding sanctuaries

a sierra mountain-scaped dining room of orchids Acacias and trichos with heavy rain and wind system for between meals and to keep the cats away from the trichos or investigating them too much .. glass walls of temperate aquaria .. mainly perciforms and Essox species

a cool temperate rainforest kitchen with fave magickal plants for that climate and walk in arctic food storage and walk in myco cave which also rains between uses to control feline access and clean everything

tropical deep jungle spare bathroom with all the parts that wouldn't go in the 1st bathroom :)

an aztec temple / come chavin temple styled garden "hut" and some in biodomes too ,

tigers for security

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
to add a word or 2
  • Like 4

This is an interesting question. It reminds me of when I was around 12 or so and in the mountains with a local medicine man. We were walking late at night and I kept seeing these white balls of light zip by in the air. At first, I thought it was fireflies I was seeing. Then, I looked down and saw green glowing rocks on the ground. It was pitch black that night. I reached down for the glowing rocks thinking how interesting. This must be some kind of glowing lichen or something on these rocks. Only, when I reached for the rocks I got a handful of leaves. I the rocks were still there though so I dug through the leaves and sure enough there were the rocks glowing in the dark. I put them in my pocket as I thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. We continued to walk when I heard this loud cat like sound only it was not like any cat I'd ever heard in the wild. Suffice it to say, I'm getting a little nervous now. I look around me and now... it appears we are in a sea of these green floating balls of light. Each ball of light has 3 red triangles facing inward towards the center of the ball. I'm now convinced I'm not in Kansas so to speak anymore. Yet, I can still tell we are physically in the same place. We continue to walk and I hear that loud cat like sound again. This time I look back and I see two large glowing yellow orbs of light following each other. I remember distinctly thinking... those orbs are wobbling the way a cat moves... as if each ball of light was positioned where each set of legs meets the back. The medicine man calmly explains that we are seeing a mountain lion, but not to be alarmed. Just calmly walk back to camp. It was after that night that I really wanted to know what in the heck we were smoking in that mixture of his. I never did find out, but it was definitely one of the experiences that got me interested in exploring entheogens from other cultures. 

So, bottom line is I'm not sure what the perfect world is or even what world I'm currently living in, but for me... the perfect world is one in which I am content to be in nature, graft, hybridize, and have all my families needs met and whatever allows that to happen so long as there is not too much strife is pretty okay by me.

• Like 1