The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bamboo

Kali-Durga

I am curious if the Godess Durga-Kali can be bribed? She can destroy a life and she can save a life. :unsure:Does anyone know of this and how it works?

Kali's favors may be won with acceptance of Her and the realities she dramatically conveys. The image of Kali teaches us that pain, sorrow, decay, death, and destruction are not overcome by denying them or explaining them away. Pain and sorrow are woven into the texture of our lives and to deny them is futile. For us to realize the fullness of our being, we must accept this dimension of existence. Kali's gift is freedom, the freedom of a child to revel in this moment, and it is won only after a confrontation or acceptance of death.

To confront or accept death is to realize a way of being that can delight and revel in the play of the gods. To accept one's mortality is to be able to let go, to be able to sing, dance, and shout. Kali is Mother to her worshippers not because she protects them from the way things really are but because she reveals to them their mortality and thus releases them to act fully and freely, releases them from the incredible, binding web of "adult" pretense, practicality, and rationality.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethystbt/goddesskali.html

The gift of Kali is the realisation of ones own mortality.

Kali... like any other god i suppose is a myth, a way to anthropomorphise the whole concept of death. To charecterise it or personify it as a humanoid god. It's like praying to the concept of death. However creating myths to personify such concepts makes them more readily accessible and allow a prayer type of interchange between the Self and self. your still just talking to yourself though, no matter how you dress up one aspect of existance.

um.. nothing bad with talking to yourself though. I'm doing it right now if anybody "else" is reading this.

...yerrr anyway i don't think you can get any sort of spiritual kudos through bribes. like the christians handing out those.. 'get into heaven' papers for money exchange. Like that little snippet said. Kali is a remider of impending death and that itself might save your life.

Perhaps a bribe would help you come to terms with the harsh realities of death