The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
indigo264nm

B. caapi seedlings - What do I do now???

Okay... well I sowed a couple of B. caapi seedlings in some tubes (not really expecting them to even come up).

Last week, one did come up and I can't find much information on propagating these babies from seeds.

How long do you reckon before I pot up??? Any big no-no's with climate exposure and sensitivites, as being a seedling it obviously can't tolerate what a full grown plant could handle.

Cheers,

Chris.

Caapi seedlings huh, nice once, the more diversity we have down under the better.

Do you know what strain/color they are?

Let me know when you havew some cuttings available in a season or two, I would love a couple.

don't overwater them.

don't give them too much sun.

thats what i learned from caring for a seedling, which i recieved from tort, which by the way turned out to have much bigger leaves than all other caapi's i've ever seen, and it's virgor is superior to the usal one's aswell!!

i suppose it's time for my catchphrase now, sow, wing facing upwards.

No idea what strain... I got a seed donation from a mysterious (yet very generous) chap from QLD. No name, no note, just an express envelope with a fuck load of different seeds in it.

Btw in my first post, I meant I sowed caapi seeds into tubes but I'm sure you all picked up on what I meant hehe.

Hopefully I can keep it alive (and hopefully the other 2 come up, though I'm not holding my breath) to grow up big and strong. It's in the mini greenhouse with all my tropicals so it recieves not much direct sunlight but still plenty of light and warmth. Funny how after 2 weeks or so inside my grow room, no sprouts... 2 weeks or so next to the P. carthaginensis' and one comes up. Seems like it wants to be with it's friends. :wink:

Sphag moss is one of the best mediums for sprouting these and other tropicals.I sowed mine in a tube with standard potting mix and about 20mm of sphag moss on top...and as PH said "wing upwards".

She'll take a while to get strong enough to transplant so don't be in too much of a hurry but once she get's going you'll be in business.