The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
opiumfreak

coca tea

to order or not to order that is the question will I get high or not?(that is if its legal and its probably not)

Edited by opiumfreak

If you mean high like cocaine high, then definately no.

from all the doco's ive watched on people from the Andes(nomadic people who give to their kids and themselves to deal with long walks at altitude and combat fatigue and hunger). and the Kogi, (who believe all men must eat cocoa leaves (along with rubbing a stick constantly(thought stick)), to 'civilize' them, so i don't think in any way, will you get 'charlie high', apart from maybe some slight euphoria and coffee like stimulation. They also directly attribute the coca leaf to being the secret to their longevity, where the average lifespan is said to be 100.

Edited by 2Deep2Handle

i tried out a brand, when i was overseas.

it makes a lovly cuppa tea. if you chew the contents with bicarb, your mouth will go numb a little bit.

the effects are not spectacular.

You wont get high. Coca leaves are supposed to be quite healthy though and contain lots of minerals and stuff, so if its legal to buy them in your country why not? I have tried coca tea before and it tastes mild and refreshing, and if it were legal here Id happily substitute my usual green tea in the morning with it. It doesnt always have to be about getting "high" and trying new things is always good. I say go for it (if its legal)

I always say, if I had the leaves for tea, I'd drink it all the time. It's great for mildly stimulating a task such as practicing a musical instrument, etc.

I always say, if I had the leaves for tea, I'd drink it all the time. It's great for mildly stimulating a task such as practicing a musical instrument, etc.

there are other stimulants there are just as good why dont just drink coffee? I never tried it but I dont even think its that stimulating youre mouth just goes numb right? have you tried ephedra now theres a stimulant :wacko:

I really like coca tea (although haven't had it for a long time) - I feel it's got a nice sharp (but mild) stimulation and invigorates mood. Not particularly long lasting but followed by a yerba mate gave a nice clean feel. Not as dirty a crash as coffee, which is my current morning stimulant of choice (or habit).

there are other stimulants there are just as good why dont just drink coffee? I never tried it but I dont even think its that stimulating youre mouth just goes numb right? have you tried ephedra now theres a stimulant :wacko:

Each to their own, but I totally agree with Rab. I found it when I was overseas. 20 bags and a common household alkali, I read somewhere. Apparently vaporising is useful, too.

I really like coca tea (although haven't had it for a long time) - I feel it's got a nice sharp (but mild) stimulation and invigorates mood. Not particularly long lasting but followed by a yerba mate gave a nice clean feel. Not as dirty a crash as coffee, which is my current morning stimulant of choice (or habit).

how would you describe the effects psyche wise?

why dont just drink coffee?

Coffee, while useful, doesn't do the same thing, and doesn't agree with my body as much. I strongly prefer yerba mate or even guayusa. But there's something about the way the pleasure/reward centers are triggered by coca or opioids that, when used sparingly, can reinforce a focused practice session.

• Like 1

Yes I have. It doesn't like being combined with caffeine IME. Otherwise it's a good steady booster, but only because it's a protein source, if that makes sense.

has anyone tried maca its an stimulant and an afrodisiac?

acquired 1kg of maca today, never tried it, but am going to add it to my morning smoothie to see how it goes, never tried coca tea

Does coca tea taste anything like regular mate?

someone at amazon claims that coca tea is legal because its only one gram leaves per bag other says its not

Edited by opiumfreak

I think 0.03% alkaloid was the limit to the decocainising process before imports are allowed into aus. Buy enough bags, you do the math.

It tastes similar, with the grassiness, though the coca tea has a slightly more bitter, less sweet tang than mate. Coca honey is fantastic in a strong (<10> bags) mug, and unless you hit stims all the time, you'd notice an edge. Though as others have said, a less jittery edge than caffeine.

but, once i had a cup of coca tea, and it kicked in realy strong, and i think it happend because of a compounds interaction. in other words, some other herbs or pharmas might potentiate the tea!!

norepinephrine uptake inhibitors and maois, are possible canditates, but those coctails could be potentialy dangerous.

maybe scullcap has aswell some interaction.

even mixing coca tea with ephedra herb could be a potentiater, but always dose very low with the ephedra.

Yeah its good. I think it works better than caffeine. Pretty mild. Quite different to charlie for what ever reason .

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

I was recently reading a bottle shop pamphlet and they were advertising a Coca liqueur on special.. Might have been Dan Murphy's or another shop over here in WA. Personally I've tried coca leaves back when they were legal in Aus and yes.. you get numb cheeks, gums and throat. As for stimulation it's definitely a mild stimulation but it definitely gets the dopamine flowing so you feel creative, constructive and motivated!

I still can't justify why they would make coca tea illegal, yet have all these flash coffee shops where you test a couple small samples and the next thing you've got skin tingles, jitters and then crash like a bitch half hour later.. oh wait.. it's because they can make $$$$ from coffee! Wankers! :uzi:

I say if you feel like a good kick of dopamine then just simply buy Mucuna Pruriens extract L-Dopa. That has always given me a very similar stimulation to coca leaves.. gets the mood lifted and you feel like doing shit instead of sitting on your ass!

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade