The Corroboree
apothecary

Smoking mixes

Hullo!

Been working on some interesting smoking mixes, maybe you will find them interesting too:

Sceletium, Lotus, Heimia: I think the intent is there in this one, it just needs a better kick. Heimia extract or yohimbe instead of just heimia might do the trick.

Damiana, Brugmansia leaf, Lobelia is nice, in fact it's great to keep in a pouch instead of rolly tobacco.

Damiana and Brug leaf together are alright too, but I think the potential for this mix really lies in darcy's new resin. I wish I had more to test it out (I've tried damiana and resin, lotus and resin and cannabis and resin so far).

An interestingly strange one is this:

A few cones of mary with scelly sprinkled on top (enough to notice effects of scelly), then a cone of mary with some crushed datura seed.

I have a few more "tropanic" ones I'm working on, but I need some corkwood leaf, and for a different one I need some properly cured N. rustica.

Ones that I haven't tried yet are (but have written down as ideas for further experimentation)

* Henbane (or D. stramonium v. tatula), Cannabis and maybe Catnip or something.

* Tagetes lucida, Datura and N. rustica (I am aware N. rustica and T. lucida are used together traditionally, I think a bit of datura flower would give it the kick it needs).

I have some ideas for something with wormwood and something else with lions tail, but can't try it until I have money to pay for herb! (Goddamn uni fees).

Enjoy! :)

[ 21. September 2005, 05:43: Message edited by: apothecary ]

What about adding an MAO-I to one, like your Sceletium, Lotus, Heimia mix ? B.Caapi leaves may-be?

I'm not sure many people realise this, but these forums are absolutely littered with one post threads by t s tantra about random shit he has smoked or tried to smoke. They are a godsend for people like me who spend most of their time in the search engine, because they cover really obscure topics.

You can see in one such thread where tantra begins some of his heimia research, he mentions heimia + maoi is not a pleasant experience, and my guess is that this is due to the anti cholinergic effects of heimia being potentiated by maoi.

EDIT: Can't seem to find the post, only finding posts where tantra mentions no difference in effect ...so maybe I will try and work something up with caapi leaves.

EDIT2: I'm not really sure what would go well with caapi leaf...possibly justicia pectoralis, but like the rest of the herbs, I have none of this either

[ 21. September 2005, 06:46: Message edited by: apothecary ]

• Like 1

Of course this is all hypothetical smoking mixes being smoked in a hypothetical free world

I like your work Apothecary! Excellent research with some pretty powerful plants. You're right about tantra's posts, he is probably the best bio-assayist on these forums, he's got a library of work. Some of his posts inspired me to test things out.

I just mixed up a new extract batch, mainly for Benzito whose just helped me out with some pump work (he rocks!), so i'll send some off to you too Apothecary. I think Dodie was up to, and Amulte.

If anyone can get their hands on a copy of Ratsch's encyclopedia, there's a good section in there on similar smoking blends.

• Like 1

Thanks mate.

I think what I've discovered is a sort of 2 way system for blending herbs. One way is to sort of follow a "locality", like, if you're going with henbane then maybe the most complementary plants will be other europeanish plants, or datura with lobelia etc.

The other way, is "flavour", like you mix your lotus with sceletium and maybe some sativa on top of a nice fat pinch of rustica for a "kick" flavour, or you go the other way and try some indica with cal poppy opium lettuce brugmansia and damiana for a kickass "sedative" flavour.

• Like 1

lagochilus inebrians mixed leonotis nepetifolia and a little tabacco, it's so nice i almost started smoking again...

i realized once i quited smoking, i stopped having breaks, and this wore me out to much.

but i will stopp this again as smoking isn't good for me anymore...

• Like 1

lol

i hear u planthelper, i took up smoking in the hospitality industry-as the smokers got two 15 min breaks for a smoke (plus whenever u could con the duty manager into letting u go for one) as well as their standard half hour meal break in an 8 hrs shift!!!while non-smokers just got theri regular half hr break, hospitality really empathised with smokers-so i jumped on the wagon as well.Never liked em though, to this day a ciggy still tastes like shit to me-unless added to a mixture of course!!I used to have a smoke and walk around for the rest of the shift feeling ill, but at least i got an extra half hr break! :D

I'm always up for something new! Ive gotta try some heimia with something also, got a fair bit of that laying around...i wouldnt mind getting my hands on some lotus aswell..

Just heimia and sceletium is good too dodie, you have to smoke a fair bit of the former though, if it's unprocessed (check the search engine for posts mostly by tantra about processing).

For something with a nice aztec locality you can mix up some sacred plants, maybe some heimia, rustica and powdered psilocybe?

edit

Edited by Rev

Thanks apoth, i think i've got some sceletium around here somewhere...i also wanted to try that wild lettuce, pretty sure darcy has it? Going to have to make an order soon...

thanx 4 the nice words guys ,it makes it all worthwhile to know my work is used and appreciated!

i remmember the heimia thread,'heimia mixes' maybe.think i tried heimia with about 5 other plants and one had a noticably antagonastic action,like 2 voices in my head not at all compatable,though maybe it was brug and heimia.

but what i'm here for is to recommend heimia before or during maoi and or tryptamines.

i came accross a reference to smoking heimia leaves with shrooms in mexico and have been impressed with the results of this line of research.i once saw a very experienced psychonaut drink heimia brew,3slugs = 3 grams leaf,and only one gram dried subs in ginger choc for strong effects,equal to at least double in subs alone.

but this sort of thing is true for cactii too.

acetone ext of heimia + delasperma bosseranum was REALLY good,say like dmea with a bit more edge.

i just cant work out how to do it easily,the acetone ext of heimia ext that is.

t s t .

• Like 1

Nice work Apoth :D I will be definatly delving into some of these wonderfull mixes

Great to see you back online Tantra. Your work is very much appreciated :) . Would be great to hear of any use of heimia in smoking mixes in the future, I think heimia has a great potential especially its synergy effect. Heimia intrigues me a great deal

prickly poppy could be added aswell to any smoko, or just use it straight, pm me if you want prickly poppy herb, got heaps and it's el cheapo.

Some of Ratsch's potent smoking mixtures include:

Atropa belladonna, Hyoscyamus albus, Datura stramomium and Cannabis indica - called the Indian Cigarette.

Coleus blumei and Salvia divinorum - the Mazatec Blend

Panax ginseng leaves, Turnera diffusa, Lobelia inflata, Pausinystalia yohimbe and Humulus lupulus - Legal Grass.

Edited by darcy
  • Like 1

I thought that you had the wild lettuce too darcy? I am planning on buying some plants and things from you soon...just gotta find the money and the time to get to the bank...

Wow that indian cigarette sounds f'kin awesome darcy!

EDIT: Are more detailed instructions for that one in the book? If so, can you pls post?

[ 22. September 2005, 14:48: Message edited by: apothecary ]

From my understanding of German without my translater , these indian cigarettes were sold in pharmacies around the 1870's, per cigarette there was:

0.3g Atropa belladonna leaves

0.15g Hyoscyamus niger leaves

0.15g Datura stramomium leaves

0.1g Cannabis indica leaves

and something about taking with a drink from opium extract and cherrywater... :confused:

We've only got Lactuca virosa seeds Dodie, no herb of any Lactuca species. Make an order though :D

• Like 1

Hmm I'm sure you could mess with that particular recipe for more spectacular effects...it seems a little lifeless (indica leaf?! :P )

If I were to do it I'd go, 0.2g thornapple flower, 0.2g henbane leaf, 0.1g belladonna leaf (mmm pure atropine :P ) and 0.5g of indica flower to make as many cigarettes as that would make (3-4 is my guess).

If you're a lucky bastard and have hash (oh man I miss hash), you could probably homogenise the tropane half by grinding it together finely, rubbing a ball of opium and a ball of hash together until they are melty and then rub the tropanic stuff in. That'd be nice! :)

Hey darcy, speaking of crazy tropanic plants, I think I may have finally managed to get one of those corkwood seeds to sprout (hardy little buggers, aren't they!) what do the cotyledons look like? Thin pointy things?

EDIT: babelfish helps bridge the gap between my poor understanding of Deutsche and reality. You can plug your text in there and sometimes it actually translates pretty nicely

[ 23. September 2005, 01:30: Message edited by: apothecary ]

Apoth, there is also a really good translator plugin for firefox, you jst press the icon/button and it automaticly chooses the language and translates it to english. This has helped me out heaps when Ive been unable to discearn exactly what language it was that I was reading..

This is jst one of hundreds of firefox plugin's, there are jst SO MANY!!! and among all the chaff there are some real jems!

Some of my favorites are:

Quicknote (allows you to take notes in another tab

Bandwidth Tester

Translator

Define word (highlight text and itll define it)

Fangs (renders a text version of the page)

Image zoom (zoom functions for anything on a page)

Spoofstick (shows spoofed pages)

IE View (opens the page in IE)

Copy URL (Copies the docs url to c'bord + title)

Damn I love firefox, dont forget to update fellas, 1.0.7 was released the other day!

darcy:

i guess back in the day Cannabis leaf was pretty good, it wasn't until late that westerners started smoking bud.

Yeah, it's funny cos Pakistanis had been doing sinsemillia for a looooooooong time before the westerners caught on.

edit

Edited by Rev

The mix of Brug, Damiana and darcy's new resin didn't go as well as I hoped.

However, I have awesome news.

A rolly of tobacco, sceletium, and half of the resin darcy sent this time around was veeeery nice, even getting a commendation on its quality from my hippy who usually is highly skeptical of such deals!

You should be very proud darcy, it isn't often this guy gives such compliments! :D

My ideas for this resin are drawing to a close, with my guess of the absolute best effect being obtained by a mix of cannabis, resin, sceletium and tobacco.

In fact, this is very interesting as all of the above are very "synergistical", and so they meld together somewhat short of perfection (perfection being of course a kilo of opium and another kilo of afghani hash :P ).

I can easily see myself smoking buds only with this stuff from now on.