The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
El Presidente Hillbillios

Oberon state forest

Just wondering if anyone has been out lately, a buddie told me today that our camp site at the g spot is now closed with big fines for trespassing :(

Can anyone confirm or deny this? i dont really wanna drive all the way out and have no access

G spot?

Is it on private land, or in the state forest proper? Do you get fines for camping or simply entering?

If you want a state forest location to hunt in Marcel, let me know. Plenty of milk caps to go around and easy to get to.

Yeah man, belangalo state forest is a good one. Get further into the bigger pines with deep needle cover, i have honestly seen places there that ute fulls per square hundred meters!

I think incognito mentioned in another thread he was planning exploring next weekend.

Im sure he will spot this thread and hopefully report back.

It is State forest.

There was always a sign that the area was closed,....maybe been misinterpreted??

There are many ways to skin a cat........

At 51 that little pub up the road seems like they would have an electric blanky in the cold.

The interest in camping is so low....

And if we are risking a bust.......

im sure that pub would have a nice pre hunt brekkie......

then again......that is a fuckin big forest...

Thanks guys, but I'm good. I've got favourite spots in both Belangalo and Oberon (and if I tell anyone where they are my mum will castrate me with her mushrooming knife), but I was just wondering what this G Spot place is, and if it is anywhere near my spots. Never heard of it. If it's secret, there's no need to tell me any details; just thought I was missing some obvious piece of info.

And as for camping in the forests... Lets just say that Belangalo, in the middle of winter, in the middle of the night, with your tent in a clearing in the pines with a fire going is absolutely beautiful. Unless you decided to eat some of the blue staining mushrooms that you found and both you and your brother go into a crazy freakout panic in which the ghosts of backpacker killer victims and yelping foxes draw ever closer as the freezing night progresses... :BANGHEAD2: