The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fenris

Siete Raices - 7 Roots

I picked up a bottle of this from the Belen markets in Iquitos, its meant to be a super tonic to fix everything from arthritis to libido.

I believe the 7 roots are as follows. The bottle doesn't actually mention which roots are in there so I googled.

1 CLAVO HUASCA, Tynanthus panurensis

2 IPURURO, Alchornea castaneifolia

3 CHIRIC SANANGO Brunfelsia grandiflora.

4 PARA PARA Eustephia Coccinea

5 MACA

6 GUANARPO MACHO Jatropha Humboldtdiana

7 CHUCHUGUASI, Maytenus krukovii

Blended in what might be rum

My Spanish isn't great but what I can make out it is meant to be an aphrodisiac, curative, containing roots and resins, good for love, work and digestion.

I have no complaints so far, its just a shame that once my bottle is empty it might be another couple of years before I can get a new one.

P7280020.jpg

I guess this is the jungle version of the chemist.

They also sell powderedc bags of Ayahuasca ready to brew and powdered San Pedro.

I really should have taken more photo's here.

P7280019.jpg

Edited by Fenris
  • Like 1

yummy pic!

can you please ask for medicine made mainly from the coral trees?

Erythrina crista-galli is a flowering tree in the family Fabaceae, native to Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil and Paraguay. It is widely planted as a street or garden tree in other countries, most notably in California (in the United States). It is known by several common names within South America: ceibo, seíbo (Spanish), corticeira (Portuguese) and the more ambiguous bucaré, to name a few. In English it is often known as the Cockspur Coral Tree.

i think to remeber they have it as a chill out tonic, but i could be wrong.

and can you post more pics of curandero stalls?

what a health food store could look like hey. Thanks for the cool pic :) got any other closeups of individual preparatations?

peace

Unfortunately I didn't take many photo's while in Belen and those were the only 2 I had from the Shaman's market. The day I went it was late and most had closed.

I went back 2 weeks later to get some mapacho, Agua De Florida and the Siete Raices but I musn't have had my camera on me. I was nice and early that day and the place was full, there were stalls selling all sorts of barks and roots.

I can take a pic of my bottle of 7 roots if that helps.

I have many more photo's of my time in the jungle with Percy, at his Ayahuasca healing center. I have a pic of a very old Aya vine that is as thick as my thigh.

I came home with over 600 photo's and am still kicking myself for not taking more.

I came home with over 600 photo's and am still kicking myself for not taking more.

I came home with 30 gigabytes of photos and I am still kicking myself for not taking more!

sounds awesome :) I'd love to see the old vines and the healing spaces.

My pleasure

P8040055.jpg

P8040058.jpg

P8020041.jpg

P8020042.jpg

And in an amusing attempt to hide my online identity

Ayahidden.jpg

P8090003.jpg

P8040056.jpg

whoa.... so thats what they are supposed to look like! The vines n' psychotria that is. Thanks man... awesome photos. Weird dude near that vine though... almost like an apparition :)

peace

i wanna reach out into the photo and take a few leave cuttings of that viridis,

i never saw one with such big leaves, i don't think we have this strain in oz.