The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
hebrew

some recent experiments

been tinkering around lately with some herbal preperations.

first one was due to me having restless legs, and out of desperation made up a formula, i think it could be improved upon but it is effective.

this formula is good for insomnia, restlessness, anxiety, depression.

i have found ti gives a good nights sleep, a deep sleep i have everytime i take it

i need to make some more of this, and tweak it some

so the herbs in it are

dragon bone - long gu - fossilised reptile bones

roasted ziziphus seed - suan zoa ren

corydalis root - yan hu suo

lotus stamen - lian xu

albizzia bark - he huan pi

cassia bark - rou gui

i think some calcined oyster shell - duan mu li - will go well with this. maybe some other herbs too. more experimentation required, basically these herbs calm the spirit, heal pain and induce sleep, as well as move the blood. dosage 5 grams of powdered herb taken with water.

next i created a herbal pill based upon an old chinese formula, shao yao gan cao tang, with added yan hu suo.

3 herbs

yan hu suo - corydalis

bai shao yao - white peony root

gan cao - licorice (raw)

i think maybe zhi gan cao might work as well

mixed with honey and formed into pills, good for pain, moves blood and aligns qi.

also can help with insomnia

some info on peony root

Peony root is a famous and highly prized blood tonic used to relax muscle and cleanse the blood. It is one of the most highly prized women's herbs used traditionally to help regulate the female hormonal cycle and to tonify and purify the blood. It is also used as a pain reducing agent and as an emotional stabilizer by women. It is said to relieve cramps and spasms anywhere in the body. In particular, it is considered to be highly effective in relieving menstrual cramps. Peony root is also believed to extend life and to promote beauty. An old Chinese saying states that "a woman who consumes Peony root regularly becomes as beautiful as the Peony flower itself." Men should use Peony as well, since it has an antiaging effect without effecting hormones.

White peony root

Major active component - Paeoniflorin

Postulated mechanisms - Opioid receptor (kappa)

Tsai et al. (2001)

Corydalis

Major active component -Tetrahydropalamatine

Postulated mechanisms - Opioid, dopaminergic, and GABAergic mechanisms

Wei et al. (1999)

anyway interesting herbs there i think.

next i been making a massage oil

This oil is made with Chinese medicinal herbs that are renowned for calming the spirit, and quieting the mind,

calming the heart, coursing the liver and resolving depression. its effective for treating mental-emotional stress and anxiety.

Seseme oil, Olive oil, apricot oil, Flos Albizziae Julibrissinis, Bulbous Lilii Rhizoma, Acori Graminei, Lignum Aquilariae Agallochae, Radix Polygalae Tenuifoliae, Panax Pseudoginseng, with added bergamot essential oil, pettigrain essential oil and clary sage essential oil.

then i started making a psoriasis ointment for a member here

consisting of

dang gui

zi cao

da huang

lu hui

bing pian

triphala powder

seseme oil

apricot oil

castor oil

when its ready i will add beeswax to make an ointment

a work still in progress

made another batch of the 5 fragrance wine for injuries

and some perfumes

palo santo perfume

and the chrype perfume

what fun it is to learn and play with herbs.

just thought i would share some experiments i have been up to lately

when i get some bottles which i hope will come this week i will send out the perfumes to those that wrote to me about them

been tinkering

White peony root

Tsai et al. (2001)

Corydalis

Major active component -Tetrahydropalamatine

Postulated mechanisms - Opioid, dopaminergic, and GABAergic mechanisms

Wei et al. (1999)

anyway interesting herbs there i think.

next i been making a massage oil

wau, you are busy and know your herbs and dragon bone well!!

:)

thanks...interesting info & formulas

will look into peony root

can you recommend a comprehensive TCM book that includes foundational concepts?

Edited by coin

White peony root

Tsai et al. (2001)

Very interesting.

^^I had to look up what you meant there yeti, so ill post it here in case im not the only one (from wiki):

It has long been understood that kappa-opioid receptor agonists are dysphoric[7] but dysphoria from kappa opioids has been shown to differ between sexes[8][9] More recent studies have shown the aversive properties in a variety of ways[10] and the kappa receptor has been strongly implicated as an integral neurochemical component of addiction and the remission thereof.

It is now widely accepted that κ-opioid receptor (partial) agonists have hallucinogenic ("psychotomimetic") effects, as exemplified by salvinorin A. These effects are generally undesirable in medicinal drugs and could have had frightening or disturbing effects in the tested humans. It is thought that the hallucinogenic effects of drugs such as butorphanol,nalbuphine, and pentazocine serve to limit their opiate abuse potential. In the case of salvinorin A, a structurally novel neoclerodane diterpene κ-opioid receptor agonist, these hallucinogenic effects are sought after. While salvinorin A is considered a hallucinogen, its effects are qualitatively different than those produced by the classical psychedelic hallucinogens such as LSD or mescaline.[11]

The involvement of the kappa-opioid receptor in stress response has been elucidated.[7]

Activation of the κ-opioid receptor appears to antagonize many of the effects of the μ opioid receptor.[12]

Kappa ligands are also known for their characteristic diuretic effects, due to their negative regulation of antidiuretic hormone (ADH).[13]

Kappa agonism is neuroprotective against hypoxia/ischemia; as such, kappa receptors may represent a novel therapeutic target.[14]

And wow VS, very busy!

Peace

Edited by MindExpansion

well it has kept my mind busy, and it has been a way to give me an outlet.

yes very busy, but it is not like being busy in a bad way.

the peony root corydalis licorice pills i made are nice, i feel they have a nice effect.

coin i dont know a good book to sugggest i have been reading a few, but i am looking for the old medicine texts, as they include the spiritual side of herbs within them as opposed to just the actions of the herbs, and medical sides of things, the book i am looking for cost 1000 bucks for the set. so i think i am going to have to see about becoming a member to a uni library so i can read this book

Pen Tsao Gang Mu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bencao_Gangmu

anyone got a copy?

VS, do you think you may be open to selling any of your other experiments as you did your 5 Fragrance Wine? The restless legs and insomnia would interest me if you were :)

Also the kappa neuroprotective activities are very interesting! I wonder if something like that might help MS sufferers?

yeah im open to it i will open a thread soon

So would large doses of peony root be psychedelic?-that's what I want to know! Nice work VS, I've just started getting interested in TCM, for a start phellodendron bark, and chinese Uncaria.

still experimenting with bai shao = peony root, but this formula has a nice feeling to it, yet to take it in large doses

phellodendron bark = huang bai

Drains damp heat

Drains Kidney fire

Drains fire and relieves toxicity

this herb i am planning to use with huang qi and a heap of other herbs for a different psoriasis ointment i am going to make. just havent got to it yet

Edited by VelvetSiren

if anyone wants 100grams bai shao - peony root, write here i have a spare 100 grams for sale

ok cool its yours tst

will send with the lotus stamens which i will write to you about when i get a chance

shaman