The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mauve

erythroxylum coca pictures

When traveling in Peru i was lucky to meet a Coca bush in a medicinal plants garden.

I was surprised because i didn't expected this plant to be so beautiful and "vibrant" (look at those shades of greens and juicy leaves :wub: )...

I think it could be of interest to other plants enthusiasts, since we can't grow this interesting and beneficial plant in our countries...we can just look at pictures...

Enjoy B)

med_gallery_1508_213_84962.jpg

med_gallery_1508_213_171391.jpg

med_gallery_1508_213_455550.jpg

med_gallery_1508_213_201785.jpg

med_gallery_1508_213_20789.jpg

Very nice indeed. The leaves are totally different from e novogranatense but the flowers look similar as do the unripe berries. Here is an e novo for comparison

enovo002.jpg

Very nice indeed. The leaves are totally different from e novogranatense but the flowers look similar as do the unripe berries. Here is an e novo for comparison

enovo002.jpg

damn I wish I was in Peru :BANGHEAD2:

Nice picture Stonehenge ! Did you tried to chew the leaves of Novogranatense when you were in Colombia (i think it is native of Colombia, no ?) ?

In Peru this plant is viewed like Tea or Coffee but not like a hard drug (cocaine) and i agree that it is two worlds apart. Traveling in Peru without trying Coca is like going to England and not drinking a single cup of tea ! :)

As for i realy liked the taste of this plant; i am a green tea lover and E.Coca has a lot to offer in the taste, especially when chewed. Delicious !

mauve, no I never tried chewing the leaves. People think I'm kidding but uppers are not my bag. I don't even drink coffee. I also notice the leaves of e coca are deeper green than those of novo.