The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Vagdevi

coca powder/tea

Hey folks! first post. booyeah!

I was interested in coca tea as a dopamine agonist and reuptake inhibitor and I found a place on the net which supplies coca tea and powder(for espresso type preperation) all over the world.

I asked them if it's decocainised and they said no.

I seriously asked them a couple times more in different ways if anything has been taken out of the leaf in any sort of way and they plainly said "Nope! Pure premium coca flour , organic and natural guaranteed, nothing has been removed!"

Can this be for real? I'm real keen to try this as I react negatively to coffee( serious anxiety/adrenaline issues) and am interested in the dopamine value.

Though I don't know about the legalities and would be looking into that first. I can't imagine this being legal in Aus or Us.

It's real amazing being on this site again. I used to visit this place some years back for reasons more to do with natural highs etc. Now i'm here to learn more about natural therapy/substances for repairing my body/brain and help with anxiety. I've been reading some threads and have tried out some tryptophan. It's only been 2 days but i've experianced unbelievable results. I must lower the dosage though. Each capsule contains 500mg trypt. If it wasn't for what i've been reading on these SAB forums i'd probably have taken at least 2 first go. I would never have thought an essential amino acid could have such profound effects. I must be seriously depleted. Half the capsule was taken with profound effects. then a couple hours later before bed I took the rest and it was definately too much. MDMA like syptoms but more natural and replenishing. Still it was too high a dose. I'm working on replenishing the body and restoring balance not tweakin' any more. ha. Done way to much of that already.

So yeah, stoked to be back! :) Any thoughts on the Coca Tea would be fresh!

Peace

Om shanti shanti shantihi

i have never used those teas, but yes they would contain some of the stuff you are after.

I've just been doin a bit more research. I actually know for sure that their coca tea products apply with US standards(it's clearly shown on their site that their products are checked at customs) but they have plainly told me the product is not decocainised. I'm real suss on this ay. I'm sure the US would not allow straight coca leaves to enter country. I'm pretty sure their simply bullshiting me. :slap:

Or maybe they have fields that breed specifically for low alkaloid content? thats shit.

Peace

oh and yeah Planthealper. I'm sure they probably have some amount of the important substance. Just want to know wether it's the "decaf" version or unadultered, full strength.

Obviously I'd have to look into Aus law first anyway before ordering. Just curious ATM.

even traces of cocaine are still illegal in oz, so be careful about importing such a product.

if you get really strong effects from tryptophan even at low doses then chances are you were deficient. This usually subsides after a few days of supplementation. it seems that the more deficient a person is in the respective transmitter, the more pronounced the effect of things like tryptophan and tyrosine.

if you get really strong effects from tryptophan even at low doses then chances are you were deficient. This usually subsides after a few days of supplementation. it seems that the more deficient a person is in the respective transmitter, the more pronounced the effect of things like tryptophan and tyrosine.

Only now are the effects of this dose of Tryptophan tapering of to a more stable level. I'll definately be supplementing with a much lower dose from now on.

I think the reason probably is because of such depletion.

The benefits of supplementing with trypt have been more than I could have hoped for. Without going into full detail of my history(a very long story of drug addiction, chronic anxiety and an incorrect meditation/breathing practice) tryptophan has given relief and happiness I haven't experianced for a very long time. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch but am quite hopeful that this might give me the strength to gently break free from this anxiety and mental struggle i've been experiancing for a long time.

initially I tried L-GABA. First dose. 250mg. Had excellent anxylotic effects. Calm and relief from anxiety. A few hours later the effects wore off and I was left with the shakes. Wasn't too uncomfortable though. Anxiety seemed to just go back to normal. Not noticibly increase. (I've read the older threads with hypothesis that this effect could be because of metabolism into glutamine(or glutamate. don't remember)

But the next day I repeated supplementation with gaba. same dose. Man, 20mins later experianced opposite effects from the first time. high level adrenaline output. Anxiety increased dramatically. Was increadibly tense and felt light headed and dizzy(I'm pretty sure from excess adrenaline) stomach pains and cramps which i'm sure was related to adrenaline. Basically felt like shit. Like i'd done too much speed but with no euphoria at all . Then I was on the dunny for about 20mins.

Don't know what went wrong here but am still interested in L-gaba. It can obviously have profound beneficial effects with the right application. I'm just fairly sure after tryptophan supplementation that my main issue is with seretonin. So i'll explore that first.

Question: I've heard people talking about low grade supplements of gaba and other supplements. How could one know that what there getting is good quality? I mean, If the ingrediants say something like "100mg gaba per 100mg powder" isn't that pure? What exactly does "low grade" mean? :wacko:

PEace~

The powder or leaf tea is definitely active. An aquaintance in another state swears that chewing the leaf with a bit of lime works extremely well. This has been independently confirmed. I refused to try it; my interest had waned by the late 70's. I used to have several real bushes, not the Euphorbia species that many in the USA claim is the real thing. I gave them away when my interest waned, having always preferred entheogens.

Beware with importation; there are always risks, although I have to say that the people I know have been doing this for years and have never had any problems, so you decide.

I have heard various arguements over the years reqarding the legality of this tea, but no one has a definite answer. It used to be sold in health food stores here 20 years ago, but it is no longer available.

The claim at the time was that it was legal, but I think the law was later changed to include the leaf tea. I do not know for certain.

No one I know has ever gotten in trouble for it, but that may be just coincidence.

ps: If you can't handle coffee, this is not for you. Coca makes coffee look like distilled water.

Edited by friendly

I've done a bit more research and found that there are quite a few different strains of the Coca plant. The alkaloid content can vary greatly from strain to strain. Maybe if the stuff isn't decocainised it might have very little alkaloid content. I've heard that in bolivia and other places that it's chewed with something like lime or bicarb to release more alkaloid. This initially results in mouth numbing. So I was thinking to test it that way(where legal ofcourse) but it might not only be the cocaine content that causes the numbing. Other alkaloids probably have the same numbing effects so not sure. :huh:

Edited by Vagdevi