The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teonanacatl

Grafting Comp- Oct 2007

The Great Grafting Competition

dancingcactus3km.gifdancingcactus3km.gifdancingcactus3km.gifdancingcactus3km.gifdancingcactus3km.gifdancingcactus3km.gifdancingcactus3km.gifdancingcactus3km.gif

When: Begins 1st October 2007, ends 20th July 2008

Categories: Only two categories are available this time, if there is enough participation the number of categories will increase. Note there is no discriminating against indoor and outdoor growth. The two categories are:

1) First Lophophora sp to flower

2) Largest Lophophora sp by the end date

Rules:

1. Seeds must not be sown before 1st Oct 2007.
  2. Grafting stock can be anything you like.
  3. Entry is by reply to this thread after the comp has started. Ideally entrants will show photo updates of their grafts as they grow. No entries will be allowed after November 1st 2007. This competition is not just limited to Australians, overseas competitors welcome.
  4. To be named winner of the first to flower category one must produce a photo of the flowering plant, flower must be open.
  5. To be named winner of the largest plant category one must include a photo of the plant with a commercial ruler for scale. Photo must be submitted before the end date. It does not matter whether the plant is a single head or a cluster of heads, though this may change for next competition.
  6. No cheating, anyone caught cheating will have to shelve a KK242 and put the video on youtube!!

Prizes: If you win you get bragging rites. Some prizes for future comps may be organised in future but for now I want to see participation. If the winners contact me I may be able to find somthing worthy or giving as a prize.

This thread will be locked untill the start of the competition, if you wish to discuss somthing pm me or post your question/suggestion/problem.

THERE WILL BE NO OTHER CATEGORIES UNTILL NEXT COMPETITION, AND EVEN THEN ONLY IF A SUITABLE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS PARTICIPATE THIS TIME!!!!

post-560-1187415849_thumb.jpg

100_0835.jpg

100_0835.jpg

Edited by teonanacatl

Starts on monday :D So you may sow seeds on monday.

There will be a prize for each section and possible even a trophy.

Here is a picture of the prize

medals2.jpg

The creator of these prizes can name themselves if they wish for that to be public knowledge :) Bloody nice I reckon :D and three cheers to them !!!

Please register your intention to enter in this thread and provide updates as the competition carries on :D.

People have untill 1st of november to register, anyone registering after that is too far behind. Perhaps that should read people have untill 1st of november to sow seeds, but hey how do you monitor that.

Oh man are they cool!!

Thanks anonimous :wink:

SUPPER GROOVY!!!

The creator of these prizes can name themselves if they wish for that to be public knowledge :) Bloody nice I reckon :D and three cheers to them !!!

Please register your intention to enter in this thread and provide updates as the competition carries on :D.

yes... i intend to sow on monday... 12.01 am!! :) prize creator... pls name yourself!! I hope I win the 5 cents!!

Edited by XipeTotec

prize creator... pls name yourself!! I hope I win the 5 cents!!
Your not gettin my five cents :P

Heres the other pic-

medals.jpg

better view of the metal, less good view of the stones since they seem to change their shade of pink in different lights and there were two lights in that room :lol: The pic I gave teo is closest to their color in sunlight, they were designed to symbolize a young flowering loph.

1" in diameter stainless steel with 6mm pink cubic zirconia gem stone (the stone they use to simulate diamonds because they have a similar sparkle).

Edited by Auxin

Props to Auxin for the flowering buttons, they are really cool.

Count me in the comp, I'll be sowing my seeds on monday...

Good luck everybody... :lol:

Nice one Auxin... funky as :)

I have to wait until wed night before i can sow my seeds, i don't fly back in until then :( the missus will be stoked, i'm sure - been away at work for a week, and the first night back i'll be microwaving soil, planting seeds and coaxing my peres into hyperdrive as soon as i get in the door... priorities, huh? ROTFLMAO

Teo - is there still a $5 entry fee as mentioned way early on? if so, where do you want it?

Bring on the Loph Olympics!

nope no entry fee, next time maybe as it will give a prize, might have an amatuers section and a pro section.

sweet, loph medals. its on.

shroomy you are a funny bastard!!

Great prize's

I'm ready for October 1st, count me in.

Sowing today, so count me in..

The prizes are way cool.

Cheers.

Edited by bob-bob

woot, just sowed my seeds...fingers crossed for the 5 cents!!

Edited by XipeTotec

Just potted up a few hundred seeds so I guess I'm in... do'nt worry most where trichs hehehe.

I guess germ & grafting will decide wether I'm in the comp or not :unsure:

I'm in! sowed 65 peyote seeds today so lets hope for an albino! I don't care about winning, just want to get some cool seed producers that everyone here can benefit from :) This place ROCKS B)

got some loph "parras" seeds in tuppaware now.

cool prizes auxin.

cool looks like more interest this time :) It will be good :D

Im entering, sowed 3500 seeds this morn and 300 (10 seeds each of 30 "location varients") this arvo. Having trouble with catipillars in the grow room though so hopefully the peres are large enough for the seeds :D Also watch out for our secret weapons ;)

:blink::o

Fuck sake teo, you really ARE starting a farm! lmao

Trouble with a loph farm is finding an appropriate guard dog

7-rainbow-lights.jpg

:blink::o

Fuck sake teo, you really ARE starting a farm! lmao

Trouble with a loph farm is finding an appropriate guard dog

7-rainbow-lights.jpg

:)

that dog looks like it guards the pride marches, being all rainbow like that rotflmao

This is phillistines dog indy, she is a good farm dog and she even wears clothes :P

post-560-1191275469_thumb.jpg

100_0830.jpg

100_0830.jpg

:)

that dog looks like it guards the pride marches, being all rainbow like that rotflmao

I think that rainbow is his/her far out aura from guarding (or maybe sampling) power plants :shroomer:

Alright i'm entering a tiny amount at this stage. Am not really prepared but will see how it turns out.

Have just sown 7 x L. williamsii v. williamsii into nuked CSS in a round take away tub, wrapping it in a white garbage bag and at this stage outdoors in the sun, fluoros are too cramped with vegetable seedlings atm.

Either going for Pereskiopsis sp. stocks that are just recovering and reshooting after rot took out most during winter or onto some backeberg (PC?) T. pachanoi.

Nice work on the medals auxin :) I like them.

Teo, did you produce a lot of those 3500 seeds yourself? Either way very impressive, look forward to hear the breeding potential in the future :)

I'm glad y'all like the medals :)

My regime doesnt let me compete so its my contribution :)

Was a good chance to finally learn how to use a rotary table too, they were my first pieces cut on a rotab