The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
watertrade

Agrocybe

Nice work :) keep us updated with pics. I'm really interested to see how they do.

happy growing

excellent work wt!

What are you running them on?

Are they just normal garbage type bags, non-PC-able?

Cased at all?

Great to see more edibles :) Did you do any Reishi this summer??

hehe lots of questions :)

Fantastic :)

What are you running them on?

These ones are on 2kg paper, 10 wheatbix & 4 tbs milk powder +water. split into three bags approximately 2.5 kg each. - My breakfast mix ! :lol:

Are they just normal garbage type bags, non-PC-able?

Cased at all?

they are in oven bags then wrapped in black plastic bags for light once they are put into the fruiting chamber. I baked the substrate for about 2 hours and left to cool overnight. I didn't case, although I think they would fruit better if I did and I would get bigger yeild too. I just wanted to keep it simple first time around with this culture.

Did you do any Reishi this summer??

I havn't ..yet! I'm running out of time but I do have 3 litres of grain spawn ready for some paper pulp. I did actually try some outdoor blocks but they were eaten pretty quick by insects.

I have used this same mix for White elm which has provided a few meals in the last few weeks too. I also have some chesnut mushrooms on this same mix which I havn't tried to fruit yet.

I will be making a 'block' shaping frame which will help produce rectangle blocks of substrate. it will be easier to case this way.

Cheers - its good to have some other people interested in edibles! ;)

Jim

Jim

:drool2: nice flush :)

really nice work wt, I haven't played with paper for a while but I'm going back to it this winter, such a pleasure to work with, cheap/free and always in abundance, producing great fruits.

Think I might even use up the left over oven bags after seeing your efforts, much easier than luggging around and setting up the steamer drum.

I like the idea of your block shaping frame, simple tools like that make it a lot easier and fun hehe

it'll be years away, but up high on my list are shredders for paper/straw, bacticinerator for sterilising tools for agar and impulse sealers for larger spawn/fruit bags...oh and an industrial autoclave/laminar flow bench LOL

Great photos :)

:drool2: :drool2:

lovely flush :) Is that Agrocybe still?? H. ulmarius??!?!

Edited by gerbil

the 2nd pic a few posts up is H. ulmarius, the pics just above is 2 days later (H. ulmarius)

The Agrocybe haven’t really worked out very well. The terrarium has let fungus gnat in - I think I'm going to toss it on the compost. I'm still pretty happy with the grow as I now know I can grow Agrocybe on paper. :)

phewf I thought I'd finally lost it lol

Perfect timing WT re: ulmarius...have you been growing these this summer?? How are you finding them in relation to the heat? I vaguely remember them fruiting in an outdoor patch around here during some heat, but generally I thought they only really produced well in the cold of winter/autumn/spring.

Great :) have just revived some old FF syringes of this in the last week and grain spawn is rapidly colonising.

I was a bit worried about the heat but I put them under my house where the temperature pretty good. When it’s in the high 30s outside, under the house is probably in the mid 20s. I can grow colder weather species this way.

I'm hoping to get some pink and yellow oysters growing to take advantage of this warm weather

Edited by watertrade