The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
amanito

Lophoturbina

Cross between Turbinicarpus lophophoroides and Lophophora williamsii.

7 cm high, 7 cm big, about 3 or 4 pups.

gallery_875_3_164402.jpg

• Like 1

Damn amanito! Thats sweet! Any chance you want someone to take them pups off your hands? lol

Very nice work - did you grow it from seed yourself, or was it a cutting/someone elses?

Cheers

Ace

Wow, thats really interesting, my lophoroidies grafts all died after a root mealy infestation.. :)

very beautiful! you have a wonderful collection, I look forward to more photos..

Are you in Australia?

Hey, I had them myself but they died because of a disease. I'm friends with an owner of a cactusnursery and he felt really bad for me and gave me this old craft. He's pretty old and likes giving this to me being a young grower for free. I will graft the pups. I have another one to that is pupping. I'm willing to send them to oz later on. They are probably worth a lot, but I don't feel like asking anything for it, I hope I can 'clone' this species and give it to other enthusiast people. This is definately a strain that needs to be spread.

I will add a lot of pics of my cacti. I also have ariocarpus monstruose and lophophora chrests and stuff. I'm from Europe :).

Edited by amanito

Wow - amanito - you're a champ!! Pics would be more than appreciated. Pups even more so!!! I think there are many cacti lovers (oh we are so sad lol) here that would love to graft a few of these more interesting and rarer species to share with our community here in Oz (and other places, of course :P). I think there are a few of us who would be confident enough to try out a new species like this without killing it with love or stupidity (at least I hope so lol). Pics would be great - your collection, your friends collection (who gave you this loph/turbina cross) etc.

BTW, where abouts in Europe are you? Or would you prefer to keep that under wraps for any reason? Sorry, this is just out of personal interest, not trying to hound you lol :wink:

Loph crests are soo rare, I for one would be able to store it in the spank bank for year to come :P And monstrose Arios? Unf*ckingbelievable! Will be wanting pics now!

Hi mate,

I have a serie of cloned ariocarpus monstruose :). I'll be having loph chrest pups soon to. I hope I'll have grafted lophoturbina's in the spring. Won't graft now during the winter. 5 should be great. I'd be happy to send them to 5 different people in Oz :).

Rather don't tell where I live, but it's Western-Europe :)

grtz

Wow dude - thats just sweet! I'll be the first to raise my hand up if you'd be kind enough to share! I'm sure others will snap them up quick too :) Thanks agian, will have to PM you later :worship:

p.s. thats fair enough - cant go sharing everything lol

Have a great one

Ace

Anybody know where I could obtain one of these hybrids?

Anybody know where I could obtain one of these hybrids?

Maybe try asking around cacti vendors/collectors/clubs/ebay/etc (though highly unlikely), selective breeding, etc. Being that this sort of inter-species breeding is very rarely successful, I doubt anyone will have the hard work done and ready for mass marketing. Your best bet (and probably your only bet) would be attempting your own crosses.

I figured that much...

What do you guys think would be good canadiates for hybrids?

I'd like to try Lophophora jourdaniana and Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele.

I figured that much...

What do you guys think would be good canadiates for hybrids?

I'd like to try Lophophora jourdaniana and Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele.

Teotz' please, this has been covered before.

Turbinicarpus lophophoroides and Lophophora williamsii will porbably give you the plant your looking at...

Edited by teonanacatl
Dont use peoples names unless asking

I don't want to cross Turbinicarpus lophophoroides and Lophophora williamsii.

I want to cross Lophophora jourdaniana and Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele, because Lophophora jourdaniana is suspected to be a cross of Turbinicarpus and Lophophora, so if this is true, then it should easily cross with another Turbinicarpus like pseudomacrochele. I'd like to test this theory, if only to dispprove it.

P.S.- Mark80 is a nice guy, deep down, below all the piercings... :lol:

Edited by Teotz'