The Corroboree
SaBReT00tH

VERY VERY STRANGE POST-CALEA EFFECT

whilst on the subject of Calea do people wanna share their experiences? I do. I tried a proper dose for the first time the other day, smoking about 6 cones of planthelper no 3 seed grown strain (one of PH's latest seed grown ones) I believe, from tantra, whilst I made a concoction as a tea and drank it whilst I smoked. During that time I definitely felt 'something' probably more noticeable than a mugwort feeling, almost like the beginning of a sally feeling, some kind of mild body stoning feeling I think. I went to bed hoping to have awesome lucid dreams but had none (that I could remember in the morning anyway) and was kind of dissappointed when I wokeup. When I wokeup I had the most shoking headache which I definitely believe to feel like some kind of Calea Hangover effect. It also made me feel a little depressed and grumpy in the morning. I proceeded to get dressed and go to work and didn't quite have time to get breakfast. As I entered work I grabbed a giant sausage roll at about 10am and ate it. At about 12 it was time for my lunch break and I began walking to the nearest foodcourt.

Walking past crowds of shoppers slowly I realised something was wrong. It was kind of similar to a photosensitive effect in my vision before, which I had had one or two times after consuming Gotu Kola, Brahmi and Gingko Biloba several times a day, for a few weeks before my exams. This 12-hour post Calea effect was different though. My eyes did not want to shut and close from the light, it was just that when I looked at people they seemed highly insignificant. There were no hallucinations and it's hard to explain and understand, even for myself, but I can further describe it as I could almost see through the people, or could see fractals of light in my vision when I looked at people. I was actually a little scared about what was happening because I hadn't received any effects from the Calea the night before, and certainly didn't expect any effects or those effects 12 hours later, especially whilst at work were I was dealing with customers. Has anyone had any similar effects from Calea??

interressting!

maybe the food made some of the stuff suddenly kick in, this is known to happen with other substances.

lol i was wondering where you posted this, i was expecting plants section :)

whilst on the subject of Calea do people wanna share their experiences? I do. I tried a proper dose for the first time the other day, smoking about 6 cones of planthelper no 3 seed grown strain (one of PH's latest seed grown ones) I believe, from tantra, whilst I made a concoction as a tea and drank it whilst I smoked.
i think that be one of my seed grown ones, anyone else got the same effects from this plant?
During that time I definitely felt 'something' probably more noticeable than a mugwort feeling, almost like the beginning of a sally feeling, some kind of mild body stoning feeling I think.

yup i know that feeling

I went to bed hoping to have awesome lucid dreams but had none (that I could remember in the morning anyway) and was kind of dissappointed when I wokeup.
if you dont get to bed quick enough it dont work. you know youve had enough when you can feel your heartbeat in you head, or hear it.
When I wokeup I had the most shoking headache which I definitely believe to feel like some kind of Calea Hangover effect. It also made me feel a little depressed and grumpy in the morning. I proceeded to get dressed and go to work and didn't quite have time to get breakfast. As I entered work I grabbed a giant sausage roll at about 10am and ate it. At about 12 it was time for my lunch break and I began walking to the nearest foodcourt.

never had the headache afterwards, but i had a thumping headache when i drank some juiced calea (there is a thread about that somewhere).

Walking past crowds of shoppers slowly I realised something was wrong. It was kind of similar to a photosensitive effect in my vision before, which I had had one or two times after consuming Gotu Kola, Brahmi and Gingko Biloba several times a day, for a few weeks before my exams. This 12-hour post Calea effect was different though. My eyes did not want to shut and close from the light, it was just that when I looked at people they seemed highly insignificant.
yeah i get this from brahmi, likely you will get it from lots of things.
There were no hallucinations and it's hard to explain and understand, even for myself, but I can further describe it as I could almost see through the people, or could see fractals of light in my vision when I looked at people. I was actually a little scared about what was happening because I hadn't received any effects from the Calea the night before, and certainly didn't expect any effects or those effects 12 hours later, especially whilst at work were I was dealing with customers. Has anyone had any similar effects from Calea??

havent had that happen, as ph said maybe somthing in the food made it kick in. it could have just been placebo aswell, preoccupied with no effects so you got some. sounds interesting either way. think what you would try to explain the cause as if you had not taken any drugs in the last 48 hours, would you think it odd if that happened or would you put it down to just a "funny day"?

anyone else tried the #3 plant?

I have found calea to be very effective in producing dreams and dream recall. I have also found that it can take a little while for it to build up in the system... Smoking or drinking just a little calea each night until it works I think is the way... Different strokes :wink:

I have been experimenting recently, on the relationship between L-Tryptophan and Calea.

The L-Tryptophan is a very good SAB product. I think you're meant to take it about an hour before bed, but because I usually find a reason to stay up a bit longer I tend to dose right before I hit the sack.

The effects of the amino acid by itself are good, I sleep deeply, feel well rested in the morning. However I do find it very very very easy to wake up in the morning, and simply lie there with my eyes closed. Usually (without tryptophan) I find it difficult to do this, I have to get up immediately or make a good attempt at going back to sleep.

One problem with the product is that if I have been dosing on 400mg or so a night for a few nights, and then do not dose one night, I find it takes an extra hour or something to fall asleep.

Anyway, back to the synergy.

Combining tryptophan with a concentrated Calea extract however, is perfect. I fall asleep, sleep deeply, and then in the morning, I wake up refreshed, glowing, energetic...and I wake up earlier, always earlier, than I'd planned.

e.g last night/this morning:

I'd set my alarm for 10AM (early for me during holidays) last night, capped up 400-450mg of L-Tryptophan and ingested that with the last 100mg of my Calea extract. I did not really expect to wake up at 10AM, but thought I'd try for it anyway.

I hit the sack, and slept deeply. Woke up at 9 and thought "damn this combination is just right...I need to remember to make a post about this." ..then I rolled over, and closed my eyes hoping to sleep for another hour.

Soon after, I drifted off into a dream where I was having a telephone conversation with T telling him how good the combination was! hehehe

That is the beauty of Calea I think, sometimes you don't even realise you were completely in control of the dream until it's almost done, and then you realise you did what you wanted anyway! :D

I got out of bed at about 9:30am, feeling even better generally than the afterglow of a mushroom trip.

Good combo :)

yeah i agree with what the others are saying, need to take it more then once. i only used fresh leaves if thats any help.

I have smoked a little bit here and there, i do wake up feeling amazingly fresh also. Not alot of lucid dreaming - but i do have better dream recall and they seem somewhat clearer. Sabre i remember Tantra mentioned simmering a dose in a pot for 15-20mins it will become a somewhat brownish colour instead of say just using a tea strainer where it will just turn a green color. I think using this method would yield good results i have yet to give it a decent trial hopefully in the next few weeks. Smoking dose seem to have a noticable and definate affect on your dream state though.

could this possibly be the most putrid tasting of all ethno's???

at present im trying to chug a schooner glass of calea tea-and im telling u, im struggling to hold it down!!!!

tastes like a schooner of tinea-encrusted used footy socks left in a plastic bag for a fortnight!!!!

cacti tea and aya has nothin on calea tea!!! :puke::puke::puke:

lol i remember shooting some calea juice, my mouth burned for ages, so bad, so so bad.

The smoke tastes not so bad.

Extract in gelcaps = tasteless :)

Someone reported Tagetes lucida as perfect for masking the taste of Calea.

Hey all. New poster here, but an avid reader for some time, I can assure you. My computer screwed me over last time I tried to post, so I thought I'd just start afresh. :)

Interesting to note that there are so many glowing reports on the after effects of calea, especially since my own recent "post-calea effects" have been so surprisingly negative. Over the past week, I smoked calea immediately before bed on four occasions (either a spliff or a couple of pipes). The initial effects were not overwhelmingly noteworthy; a pleasantly mild stoning sensation, minor CEVs, and a sensation of slipping into erratic dreams almost immdeiately upon closing my eyes. When I woke each morning, I knew I had dreamed but my ability to recall the dreams seemed to be largely diminished.

I had been feeling like crap all week, but I had simply put it down to a consistent lack of sleep. But on the fourth morning, when I was well rested and should have been feeling better, it was worse than ever. I felt extremely emotionally unbalanced, experienced recurring waves of intense anxiety, felt clouded and distant, had physical trembling (particularly hands and eyelids), and was generally low on energy. These feelings didn't seem to subside as the day went on, and had such a negative affect on me that I even decided to forego a night of entheogenic celebrations (never to be lived down by phleb, I'm sure :P). After a while of contemplating whether or not I was losing my mind, some discussion on the issue revealed my partner was experiencing almost identical symptoms, even down to the eye trembling. We could only put it down to the cumulative effects of the calea coming to a nasty peak.

One interesting factor that may or may not have influenced the situation is that both of us take subutex (aka buprenorphine) an opiate replacement medication. Theoretically speaking, does anybody know of any possible interactions between these substances or their effects? There may be nothing to it, but it's something to consider.

think what you would try to explain the cause as if you had not taken any drugs in the last 48 hours, would you think it odd if that happened or would you put it down to just a "funny day"?

I like this approach to analysing a substance reaction you're not sure about. *mental note for future reference*

In this instance, it's easy for me to answer those questions, because initially it didn't occur to me that what I was experiencing was related to calea, and as mentioned, I was beginning to think I'd lost the plot. I can confidently say this one was well beyond the scope of a "funny day".

WOW.

I didnt think the illness you guys mentioned was so severe. I hope there is no major interaction between the two substances and you two get better very soon.

As for not arriving at the said "celebration", due to the circumstances i think this once i can let it slide :lol: .

but you guys better be there for the spring party. :)

what I am thinking is that maybe the calea conditioned your perception / brain patterns during the night & when you woke up, something triggered you to pick up the patterns again, that then in turn affecting the way you were preceiving the world.

I can imagine that something conditions your brain to be more focussed on a certain spectrum of visible light. (Like Aya makes you see blues & purples) therefore you start ignoring the main band of light on which people were on.

It sounds like the calea did do something.

there are some other factors that could have contributed to the way you were preceiving. heh - I mean a normal hangover from alcohol can also make you ignore aspects of reality. like too much light - sounds etc.

I have yet to hear real interesting reports from Calea. I mean does it affect certain areas of the brain that are involved with attention or other areas that are involved with cognition????

I have taken calea for a while in the past, but never good lucidity from calea. I had better succes telling myelf to wake up in my dreams before I go to sleep and to remember them when I wake up. At a certain point your attention will start to shift more and more to the moments that you are dreaming. Not wasting your attention on silly things during daytime hours is also a way to improve your attention on other things that you are focussing on.

sorry if I am repeating some of you that have posted before - did not have enough time to read all posts.

bri

WOW.

I didnt think the illness you guys mentioned was so severe. I hope there is no major interaction between the two substances and you two get better very soon.

As for not arriving at the said "celebration", due to the circumstances i think this once i can let it slide :lol: .

but you guys better be there for the spring party. :)

Heh heh. Thanks man. Spring party sounds great, and I have to say I'm much more partial to springtime weather. :) As for the calea and the possible interaction, most of the negative effects seemed to abate over the following days. However in my case, one particular nasty symptom (anxiety) seems to have lingered and even intensified periodically over this past week. It could well be that this is completely unrelated and just conveniently coincided with the calea consumption. I personally would like to think that it IS related though, because that would mean it should begin to subside as the herb continues to leave my system. But for all I know it could have been and gone already, since I'm not aware of how quickly calea metabolises.

All I know is I'm steering clear of that shit for a while. :P