The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Live Calea zacatechichi plant

Does anyone know of a good source for live active-strain Calea zacatechichi plants (rooted cuttings) in the US?

I've been keeping an eye on ebay- they usually have specimens of unknown chemotype starting around this time every year but the price usually goes too high.

I've also looked at 'Theatrum Botanicum', good price but the business just looks a little too dodgey for me- my gut says dont trust 'em tinfoilhat.gif

I've been intending for years to get this plant... this year I am gonna friggin get it :lol:

you live in the US? that's too bad...gomaos hooked me up pretty well in this respect ^_^ . Then again maybe you could still get them from an aus supplier...apparently they survive the journey...too bad mine's started to die...maybe i'm just lazy :P .

Edited by frank

i sent a few of my seedling grown plants to south america and another european country, just placed small plants into a international express letter pack. arrive within a week.

sabre post that as a new topic and i will reply :) dont wanna steal auxins thread :)

Edited by teonanacatl

lol, a little thread hijack will keep the thread alive :wink:

Yeah, my first choice would be to get one from folks I know and trust, problem is most my entheology mates are aussie, not american :blush: ...is it just me or is there a significant lack of intellectual american entheology forum sites? damn undereducated hedonistic instant gratification culture over here trying to smoke glycerin and chewing gum to get stoned :wacko:

Oh well, I'll keep googleing

i say hit up somone from aus to send it to ya. some people here have my seed grown ones and some of those are said to be interesting.

i say hit up somone from aus to send it to ya.

hot damn, your right- got a lead on some from Oz :D

heh- now I'll have even more reason to start practicing meditation (it can be used to influence dreams)

I tried a proper dose for the first time the other day, smoking about 6 cones of planthelper no 3 seed grown strain (one of PH's latest seed grown ones) I believe, from tantra, whilst I made a concoction as a tea and drank it whilst I smoked. During that time I definitely felt 'something' probably more noticeable than a mugwort feeling, almost like the beginning of a sally feeling, some kind of mild body stoning feeling I think. I went to bed hoping to have awesome lucid dreams but had none (that I could remember in the morning anyway) and was kind of dissappointed when I wokeup. When I wokeup I had the most shoking headache which I definitely believe to feel like some kind of Calea Hangover effect. It also made me feel a little depressed and grumpy in the morning. I proceeded to get dressed and go to work and didn't quite have time to get breakfast. As I entered work I grabbed a giant sausage roll at about 10am and ate it. At about 12 it was time for my lunch break and I began walking to the nearest foodcourt.

It's hard to say where you went wrong (or even if you went wrong at all) because you haven't specified your tea dosage. How old was the plant you harvested from?

Personally I've never found smoking and dosing orally to be nescessary.

The traditional oral dose is like, 60g dried leaf.

A few have reported this pre bed altered feeling, it isn't bad, but I usually ignore it and concentrate on trying to sleep.

I have never managed to have lucid or even especially rememberable dreams the "first" night smoking Calea, and by that I mean even after having a break, I need to go back at least for one prepatory night before getting good results.

This however didn't apply to some extremey concentrated Calea extract I made, which was gelcapped in about 100-200mg range and provided to be highly effective.

The headache sounds to me like you had too much, because I've never felt bad the morning after Calea, usually I wake up earlier and feel very good. But like I said, hard to say because lacking dosage info.

Walking past crowds of shoppers slowly I realised something was wrong. It was kind of similar to a photosensitive effect in my vision before, which I had had one or two times after consuming Gotu Kola, Brahmi and Gingko Biloba several times a day, for a few weeks before my exams. This 12-hour post Calea effect was different though. My eyes did not want to shut and close from the light, it was just that when I looked at people they seemed highly insignificant. There were no hallucinations and it's hard to explain and understand, even for myself, but I can further describe it as I could almost see through the people, or could see fractals of light in my vision when I looked at people. I was actually a little scared about what was happening because I hadn't received any effects from the Calea the night before, and certainly didn't expect any effects or those effects 12 hours later, especially whilst at work were I was dealing with customers. Has anyone had any similar effects from Calea??

Feelings of altered states the day after, yep, but not the way you describe.

Auxin,

I have had no trouble ordering from threatrum botanicum. Good quality plants shipped well. He is actually one of the planty vendors I would recommend most highly. I can't speak to the chemotype of his calea, though...

PM me if you have any questions about US vendors, or other sources.

I have had no trouble ordering from threatrum botanicum. Good quality plants shipped well. He is actually one of the planty vendors I would recommend most highly.

Good to know, they have a nice selection :)

apocathary, the tea dosage I had was about 5 Grams worth. And I smoked maybe 2 grams worth.

It's hard to say where you went wrong (or even if you went wrong at all) because you haven't specified your tea dosage. How old was the plant you harvested from?

Personally I've never found smoking and dosing orally to be nescessary.

The traditional oral dose is like, 60g dried leaf.

A few have reported this pre bed altered feeling, it isn't bad, but I usually ignore it and concentrate on trying to sleep.

I have never managed to have lucid or even especially rememberable dreams the "first" night smoking Calea, and by that I mean even after having a break, I need to go back at least for one prepatory night before getting good results.

This however didn't apply to some extremey concentrated Calea extract I made, which was gelcapped in about 100-200mg range and provided to be highly effective.

The headache sounds to me like you had too much, because I've never felt bad the morning after Calea, usually I wake up earlier and feel very good. But like I said, hard to say because lacking dosage info.

Feelings of altered states the day after, yep, but not the way you describe.

hey apoth i think u were meant to post this in http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=10115

just a hunch :P