The Corroboree
spiders

Any finds in aussie yet?

Hey Hey, i was wondering if someone would be able to ID these puppies for me im rather new to the world of Mycology, im not to sure about the two mushrooms up the top of the first pic, the stems look like they have a tinge of blue but i havent noticed any blueing in the top i am taking spore prints atm. Im relatively confident the ones along the bottom of the first picture are subs, they blue nicely have orange/brown caps and white stalks. The mushrooms in the second photo im a little puzzled with they were dryish when i picked them, very green/blue underneath kind of wavey tops, when you cut the cap in half it is quite orange underneath as well.

One last anoyance, is there any problems with percuring mushrooms that have started to dry out in the field ? probably a stupid question but hey im full of em :)

post-947-1147334609_thumb.jpg

post-947-1147334618_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your help

the first photo all look like subs to me and i can see bluing in about 3. check all of them for bluing though before eating. the second pic looks more like a gymnopilus than a sub to me and it seems to be showing blue as well but of course Im not certain do not eat it. what habitat did you find the second photo ones in? oh and congrats on your first sub find!

Edited by Trich-Aura

The mushrooms in the second picture look like Lactarius Deliciosus. They stain green/blue although it is closer to a green. They also bleed and orange colour when you break them or cut them and the stem is hollow. I am guessing you found these under pine trees yeah?

And as the name implies, they are delicious. Although, without a proper id, I would hesitate to consume them.

Oh yeah, the ones in the first pic look like subs to me.

Thank you very much sir, its been 2 years of procrastination and over 10 hours of walking through parks and bush to get this far. The mushrooms in the second photo were found on pine needles on the same road as the subs, they were surrounded by Amantras and these purple capped mushrooms, btw what are the mushrooms with the purple tops ? they look as evil as the amantras.

Pleb - yes they are more green than blue, the stems are hollow and there is orange just underneath the cap which seems to fade when exposed to air.

Thanks very much for your reply Trich-Aura and pleb i know a gnome who shall be speaking to the pixies this weekend :D

Edited by dc

Finally! Some rain for Sydney (but I fear it's too late for our tree ferns).

Looking forward to seeing if anyone has any finds in and around Sydney. I'll be going for a walk tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know any good spots for fly agaric around the blue mountains?

Heading up there soon and would love to see some in the flesh. I still find it hard to believe they are real and not just a part of my childhood fantasy stories:)

^ Just look for pine trees my friend.

i may of found some in melb but would appreciate if all could give me feed back on my pics/post "id plz,could be subs

thaanks all good lucky happy mycofiles

^ Just look for pine trees my friend.

Thanks for that.

So in regards to the pine trees - are there any particluar areas in the blue mountains where these grow especially ie: actual pine forrest or is it that they could be anywhere?

Cheers

Thanks for that.

So in regards to the pine trees - are there any particluar areas in the blue mountains where these grow especially ie: actual pine forrest or is it that they could be anywhere?

Cheers

Yeah, sorry, I wouldnt have a clue about the Blue mountains but i am sure someone else here knows the areas up there.

Generally you find them in the more established/older pine stands (pinus radiata).

Edited by phleb

from all reports subs and flys are arife throughout the bluemountains this time of year..although u may be getting there a bit late for the flys, although im only familiar with more local ranges so dont quote me on that one.

As you are travelling past my stomping ground ill pm you with some ideas re hunting on the way to sydney..

But yeah, just suss out where there is state forest around the mountains and also have a look for some public reserve.. And keep ur eyes especially open on wet cold daysa mongst the heavy eucalypt/pine/native mulched areas for funky little copper tops!

hi all, im the new kid on the block

just a couple of flix i've takin so far this season

139017052_638057163c_m.jpg139017050_970bd48f85_m.jpg

134772606_a156d51c87_m.jpg134708253_4785085507_m.jpg

MELBOURNE IS ROCKING THIS SEASON!!!

nice pics. welcome to the forum shroomer_nick :)

post-1464-1147872321_thumb.jpg

They took a little finding but they were there, high up on the mountain.

Mt. Buffalo subs.

post-1464-1147868563_thumb.jpg

post-1464-1147868624_thumb.jpg

post-1464-1147868729_thumb.jpg

Imga0024.jpg

Imga0022.jpg

Imga0025.jpg

Imga0021.jpg

Imga0024.jpg

Imga0022.jpg

Imga0025.jpg

Imga0021.jpg

Edited by phleb

They grow so tall and strong looking.. Like fucking pine trees! ;)

Im gonna take a day trip up there myself now, you've inspired me..

Are they P.Australiana? I know Eucalipta and Australiana are both classafied as subs, im just curious.

Also, is it the wavy cap that makes them Australiana?

how bout subs in the WEST? lots o rain down south next few days...

how bout subs in the WEST? lots o rain down south next few days...

No reports yet (excepts Naja's excellent running commentary on his backyard patch) but the rain is cranking as of today...

Thanks for that.

Cheers

Puffingfish

Have a look around some of the towns along the M4 like springfield, Katomba, Wentworth Falls etc there's heaps of old english style gardens or church's that should have european trees fly agarics like. If not look for your local pine plantations in west sydney after heavy rains.

No reports yet (excepts Naja's excellent running commentary on his backyard patch) but the rain is cranking as of today...

yerp! end of week voyage looks likely..

Sydney Subs have popped their heads from last nights rain. I expect more than this first patch to appear, I have discovered a sub paradise very nearby to my house :)

Next to a creek, pine/eucalypt debris and mulch, very shady.

Stem blues on touch (although the bluing reaction is not very strong), the veil is purple from where it has torn and spores have caught onto it.

(purple is right spore colour isn't it?)

Stem is white, cap a beautiful hue of brown, gills are a smoky light brown/white colour, will be waiting for spore print confirmation before throwing these specimens out (posession of picked Psilocybes is illegal!)...

Good luck hunting :)

Nice work Apoth! :D

Spent the day with Narayan and Kurandero out in the adelaide hills found an amazing haul of around 300 or so subs ^_^ and saw alot of amanitas still around aswell, things are looking very good for the season this year, hasnt been much rain past week but very cold and looks like the rain is on its way to really kick the seaon off.

Goodluck and Happy hunting fellow shroomers :lol:

^ was definitley an amazing haul, considering it was all from the same spot that typically only produces 60 or so subs in the peak of the season :D Found another amazing spot today with around 100+ amanitas which was quite a sight

Found a second smaller patch today with some Hypholoma nearby...

Bioassay indicated two small freshies and a third tiny sized button to be extremely potent. Vividly colourful, enjoyed my first sub experience greatly.

:wub:

Amanita Muscaria (The Fly Agaric Mushroom)

post-1565-1148567813_thumb.jpg

post-1565-1148567877_thumb.jpg

post-1565-1148567989_thumb.jpg

post-1565-1148568087_thumb.jpg

post-1565-1148568148_thumb.jpg

post-1565-1148567989_thumb.jpg

post-1565-1148568087_thumb.jpg

post-1565-1148568148_thumb.jpg