The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bongchitis

Pao d'Arco (Tabebuia Serratifolia) wanted

Hi,

Have been diagnosed with systemic candidal infection which has plagued me for some time....until now. A general high water, high vege, low sugar and processed foods type diet is called for but I have also heard about this herb that is supposed to be a valuable weapon in the treatment arsenal.

Anybody know more or can provide viable seed or dried herb for this plant. I can trade Trichocereus plants and seeds, money or Psylocybe Cubensis spore prints (for microscopy only of course )

PM me if you can help please.

Bongchitis

also some bright spark in brizzy has promoted Tabebuia species as street trees

they are closely related to jacaranda and share their semideciduous trait and magnificent flowers

they are very easy to grow and produce copious amounts of seed - Mt Cootha botanic gdns is a great soirce

i once got a shopping bag full of seed from under 1 tree and barley dented the number of pods

so all over briz are many established trees of several species incl some mdeicianl ones like T impetiginosa

http://www.rain-tree.com/paudarco.htm

"Other pau d’arco species produce pink (T. heptaphylla), yellow (T. serratifolia and T. chrysantha) or white (T. bahamensis) flowers. Though many of these species may have a similar phytochemical makeup, they are different species of trees."

some of these are aslo common around brizzy

also T rosea

again tree loppers are your best friends

just one street cleanup could net multiple kilos of inner bark from trimbed limbs on a major job

if i was in brizzy id help you myself but im waay too far out

as creach says you can buy it

howvere much aussie lapacho has been found to have SFA actives (the oil lapachol)

fresh is best

[ 26. June 2005, 16:29: Message edited by: Rev ]

Pau d’arco is an important resource from the rainforest with many applications in herbal medicine. Unfortunately, its popularity and use have been controversial due to varying results obtained with its use. For the most part, these seem to have been caused by a lack of quality control—and confusion as to which part of the plant to use and how to prepare it. Many species of Tabebuia, as well as other completely unrelated tree species exported today from South America as “pau d’arco,” have few to none of the active constituents of the true medicinal species. Pau d’arco lumber is in high demand in South America. The inner bark shavings commonly sold in the U.S. are actually by-products of the timber and lumber industries. Even mahogany shavings from the same sawmill floors in Brazil are swept up and sold around the world as “pau d’arco” (due to the similarity in color and odor of the two woods). In 1987, a chemical analysis of 12 commercially-available pau d’arco products revealed only one product containing lapachol—and only in trace amounts. As lapachol concentration typically is 2–7% in true pau d’arco, the study surmised that the products were not truly pau d’arco, or that processing and transportation had damaged them. Most pau d’arco research has centered on the heartwood of the tree.

re systemic bacterial/yeasty stuff

youre bound to get other ideas but im sure sombody will mention colloidal silver at some point

i know nothing of such things

or such simple things as thyme tea - thymol is very antimicrobial. unsweetened garden or lemon thyme taste good and i would think over a few weeks would def help the digestive tract recover some balance

or herbs like hyssop and sage

just part of the bigger picture i guess

a mix of mild chemotherapy to disadvantage the yeast through antifungals and a change in diet to run the body machine on more selective subtrates that the contaminats cant use

hmmm

sounding like me in the lab here...

wow what a coincidence, there is heaps of tabebuia plants around here to, i was gonna get some serratifolia seeds to grow as its a ayahuasca admixture. if i get some seed i will send you some :) and some leaf :)

Thanks guys,

Yeah Coloidal Silver, Golden Seal, Grape Seed Oil, Garlic etc seem to pop up everywhere I look but this herb seemed to hold much promise and sounds like a nice plant to grow.

A naturopath friend said that tinctures are freely available to practitioners so I may go with that in the short term.

Teo, I would love some seed and/or 'erb if it is not any trouble. Let me know what I can do in return, me offering you plants seems like offering ice to eskimoes though. I'm sure we can sort something out via PM if you so desire.

ok ive found a chrysantha plant thinking that was the one i was looking for lol, i know of some other yellow flowering tabebuia plants which match the description of serratifolia. lol i will suss them out, they should flower soon.

Hmmm, I was told about someone being handed a herbal prep labbled as Pau D'arco last weekend while in Byron, hmmm, some may know what Im talking about. From what I hear I want some!

[ 03. August 2005, 05:42: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

Tropilab (www.tropilab.com) has seeds.

Also Seedman (www.seedman.com).