The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
indigo264nm

The Magick of the Bong

The Magick of a Bong:

Sick and tired of the same little bong ritual which is more done by instinct and habit rather than conscious thought??? Feel as if smoking now doesn't give you the insight and power it used to??? Well here's a something to make the next session a little more interesting.

This is just not for mj by the way, but definitely can be effective with certain herbs and mixes.

Invokation:

To invoke earthly spirit(s), we often go about another little ritual without even noticing. I will explain it as straight forwardly as I can.

Fire - The first step is brought about by the element fire, which is then used to burn the material intended to be smoked.

Earth - The material about to be smoked is earth in all it's glory. Sure, it's not soil or stone but it grew and depended on soil and nutrients for life.

Water - After combustion the smoke passes through nuturing water into a chamber.

Air - The dynamics of a bong was brought about by intellect. Releasing the shot hole or carb uses air (a symbol of creativity and intellect) to move the smoke out of the bong and into the person.

......so:

fire.jpg + earth.jpg + water.jpg + air.jpg

What does this equal my good lads???

...pentagram.jpg

Visualise each of these symbols as you go through each process next time you punch one down. Then as you inhale visualise the pentagram, and hold it in.

Banishing:

This is the easiest part.

Cleansing the area of bad energies around in a ritual has never been so simple. Blow the smoke slowly and meditatively out, and it will spread to your surroundings. The smoke holds the pentagram inside it, and will do the task for you. :P

i'll have to try this out next time i have a billy :P

i dig ya man but ill disagree

from you equation it forms the star of david with the air (i.e god) being the root to it. indicating the 6th element beyond the 5th being the mind as in the pentagram.

to be short and not give 2 pages of occult stuffs, your equation is incorect. its not the pentragram but the star of David. but your evokation is true

ill agree and disagree with both of you..

indigo, u missed the 5th element-spirit/mind, with one more triangle ull get 5 making the pentagram a full equation... I suppose u could vary the fifth element depending on the intention of the ritual, but it does seem you would need a fifth focus if you were going to use the pentagram as a framework.

ive never been into bongs or ciggerettes, but can definately see the obvious ritual/habit of it all, and also, can see how understanding the underlying ritual can help break/control the habit.

When i have a ciggerette and do it with intent i can have a couple of tokes on a rolly and get an incredible sense of grounding and embodiement/physical comfortability.

however if i was say, to be drunk, and to smoke a full ciggerette, id probably end up spewing ;)

Ah yes Amulte, you raise some good points but it is all relative to what you read or study. Since I'm working with elements the model of a pentagram I believe makes more sense since this ritual merely observes and gives power to the elements used in the process. Besides the hexagram is supposed to be composed of one triangle of fire and one of water isn't it???

I.e.

"The Pentagram with a single point upwards is called the 'Sign of the Micro-cosm' and is a good symbol, representing with his arms and legs extended adoring his Creator, and especially the dominition of the Spirit over the four Elements, and consequently of reason over matter."

"The Hexagram with a single point uppermost is called the 'Sign of the Macro-cosm' or greater world, because its six angles fitly represent the six days or periods of Creation evolved from the manifestation of the Triune; while its synthesis forms the seventh day, a period of rest, summed up in the hexagonal centre. It represents especially the concentrated force of the Planets, acting through the Signs of the Zodiac, and thus sealing the Astral Image of Nature under the presidency of the Sephiroth; and also the 7 Palaces of the same. It is especially attributable to the Sun."

--Thats the GD side to them anyway.

That triangle symbols were meant to state in my equation nothing but the 4 elements combined, and with your conscious will (which I forgot to mention I must add), creates a vessle for a powerful and meditative ritual when working with certain plants. It's really cool for having a cone of cannabis + datura slowly and meditating after exhalation.

Eli, there are two ways that you could have interpreted what I was implying for the spirit element... But ultimately you partially become a different spirit when you invoke. The 5th element was the spirit of the plant(s).

Also Amulte, can you explain where you were heading with the 6th element stuff??? Bit confused.

Another thing...I was very mashed when I thought of and posted it. :P

Also Amulte, can you explain where you were heading with the 6th element stuff??? Bit confused.

Some refer to time as the 6th element. but in some schools of thought he 6th is the amalgimation of all 5 elements to create the body(tho the body is the pentagram) or some say its the universal mind beyond one single spirit, but the union of of many.

another thing about a hexagram, in one text ive read it explains how it also keeps the abrakadabra mantra...

EDITED - my example of it didnt work, will update soon...

and so on and so forth. if i had a scanner id show the pages. tho if anyone has access to anything by David Conway or Alistare Cowley then look it up. the type of numerology involved is beyond me. tho the move 'pie' (not writen as pie but its the symbol) has reference to the jewish sect devoted to the divinity of numbers.

Edited by Amulte

Some refer to time as the 6th element. but in some schools of thought he 6th is the amalgimation of all 5 elements to create the body(tho the body is the pentagram) or some say its the universal mind beyond one single spirit, but the union of of many.

another thing about a hexagram, in one text ive read it explains how it also keeps the abrakadabra mantra...

EDITED - my example of it didnt work, will update soon...

and so on and so forth. if i had a scanner id show the pages. tho if anyone has access to anything by David Conway or Alistare Cowley then look it up. the type of numerology involved is beyond me. tho the move 'pie' (not writen as pie but its the symbol) has reference to the jewish sect devoted to the divinity of numbers.

I still have Eli's copy of Magick in Theory in Practice by Crowley. B)