The Corroboree
Torsten

I have just signed up to the forums

If you have just signed up to the forums, you will not be able to post immediately. There are two validation steps every new member has to go through before they can post.

1) User validation. When you sign up the system will send you an automatic email to the email address you provided. In this email is a link which you need to click (or copy and paste into the address bar if using some webmail services like hotmail) to let the system know that the email address is valid.

Note, some spam filters may filter such emails if they are set to too sensitive. Please check your spam folder if you email has not arrived within a few minutes.
If you did not get the email from the system you can email me "shaman at shaman-australis.com " and I will send you a test email to allow manual user validation.

Many applications do not proceed past this step for some reason!!

2) Admin validation. To avoid spammers and certain individuals (ie IPs) all registrations are also required to be approved by the administrator (me). Depending on the influx of new members and also on my schedule and access to the internet, this happens in anything from 1 day to 14 days.
Only members who have validated their email address are eligible for admin validation, so if you haven't clicked that link yet, I will not give you access.

No one is refused admission to these forums unless you have been banned from here before. So, if you have done your user validation and still can't post a couple of weeks later, please email me to find out what's going on.

This post seems it might help some people as we get about 20% invalid applications and we get some complaints that we have selective membership. In way this is true, because really we only allow people in who can follow 2 simple instructions tongue.gif

[edit 2015]
Please note that hotmail flat out rejects any emails sent from us. Live and outlook usually do too.

Gmail is however very reliable in that it almost always puts your validation email into the spam folder, so look for it there.

If you are not getting any validation emails try signing up with gmail - it always works.

Hi I have registered to the corroboree and I have had problems trying to do next step user id and validation key. I copied and pasted the info into the relivant boxes and a notice came up invalid can you please advise me further. I am no computer genius but i could be doing something wrong. My email address is [email protected] thanks

If you have just signed up to the forums, you will not be able to post immediately. There are two validation steps every new member has to go through before they can post.

1) User validation. When you sign up the system will send you an automatic email to the email address you provided. In this email is a link which you need to click (or copy and paste into the address bar if using some webmail services like hotmail) to let the system know that the email address is valid.

Note, some spam filters may filter such emails if they are set to too sensitive. Please check your spam folder if you email has not arrived within a few minutes.

If you did not get the email from the system you can email me "shaman at shaman-australis.com " and I will send you a test email to allow manual user validation.

Many applications do not proceed past this step for some reason!!

2) Admin validation. To avoid spammers and certain individuals (ie IPs) all registrations are also required to be approved by the administrator (me). Depending on the influx of new members and also on my schedule and access to the internet, this happens in anything from 1 day to 14 days.

Only members who have validated their email address are eligible for admin validation, so if you haven't clicked that link yet, I will not give you access.

No one is refused admission to these forums unless you have been banned from here before. So, if you have done your user validation and still can't post a week later, please email me to find out what's going on.

This post seems it might help some people as we get about 20% invalid applications and we get some complaints that we have selective membership. In way this is true, because really we only allow people in who can follow 2 simple instructions :P

Hi, I seem to need some help with my second step in registering I have tried to cut and paste my user id and validation key into the relivant boxes and a message keeps coming up validation key not valid I am no computer genius but maybe I am doing something else wrong or there is some other problem. My email address is [email protected]

welcome to the forums sagegoddess. Looks like you are registered and able to post to me? :)

yep, i'd guess it's invalid because you are already authorised to post. welcome.

:)Thanks for the add, guys been waiting and lurking and really enjoy the full content experience :)

• Like 2

HI CORAL TROUT!!

• Like 1

thanks for the welcome guys 'n' gals

• Like 1

hi, alfamiller, a very warm welcome to you too :worship:

Welcome

thanks discostu

so happy to know there is an active community of people with such similar intests and hobbys as me.

i made one of my regular vistits to Wandjina Gardens nursery and was chatting to the freindly staff about having trouble finding spore prints

they asked have i looked here for help....... HAZZARRR!!! mind blown!

took almost 3 months for validation but hey, no stress, so happy :)

took almost 3 months for validation but hey, no stress, so happy :)

This will be the first of many lessons in patience ;)

Welcome.

• Like 2

I am also one of the people in this cavalcade of newly added members.

I sure am glad to be here after the wait. Thank you very much!

• Like 1

yep, another happy new member here. After 3 months and something like 12 emails I was about to give up! Thanks for the validation.

Oh man, you guys have missed all the best shitfights in the last few months...welcome to all the new people. As a welcome, I'm gunna put up a few free trade packs for new members who've just joined in the last week or two. Check the trading thread...

• Like 2

sorry guys. been quite unwell the last 6 months and the approvals process is one of the most tedious jobs in my life so keeps getting put off. But everyone eventually gets in if they've done the automatic validation [reminder: use gmail if you are not receiving emails and check your spam folder. hotmail and many others will not work].

Took me about 6h to process everyone. welcome.

• Like 1

Just got validated too, awesome to be here, thanks guys. I feel like I'm not looking over the fence into the garden anymore, I can come in the gate!

Also great to be here.

I watched the meme thread and a couple of other threads, Glaukus and it was like watching a weird cartoon where you don't know what just happened. But I can say it worked out well for me.

I've already got a small collection of plants going but due to being in a unit my space is limited. Hopefully I'll buy myself some acreage soon and plant like crazy. In the mean time I look forward to tapping into the collective knowledge of the group and work out where I want to head and collect. Ethnobotany has had me fascinated since the early 90's and I've been itching to get to know the subject better.

• Like 2